Fox combi lead converters

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
I was sorting through my carp tackle a couple of days ago and found 2 packets unopened of Fox combi lead converters. Now it's been a while,( about 10 yrs a while) since I did any carp fishing, and I can't for the life of me remember what they are for. I have some leads with a slot down one side and a hole all the way through, a larger diameter at one end than the other, loads of rubber bits that take a size 8 swivel, and some tapered bits aswell. How do you use them ?

I have been a couple of times in the last few weeks and have been using safety lead clips, so no worries on that front, but am at a loss as to how to use the combi lead converters.

It may be an age thing with me LOL.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Here you go mate, they're for a semi fixed running rig.

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Thanks for that ukzero1, they are unfortunately not like that at all. I will try to put a pic of one on here but don't hold your breath:unsure: (age thing again) LOL

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Well blow me down it worked.
This is what they look like, any ideas on how they are used any-one ?
View the pic on previous post.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
IIRC, they allowed a Fox inline lead to be converted and used as more standard bomb. I'm pretty sure I've got some hiding somewhere, but they are probably the better part of twenty years old, perhaps more. The reality will no doubt be that, like you, I've got a packet of stems and nowt else. They are of no use without the leads.

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Thanks Sam, I'm more curious to know what they are or how they are used to be honest. As I haven't done any carp fishing for a few years due to my wifes health and then some other commitments, I've lost all track of what they are used for. :)
I have got a few leads I would think poss 10 of them in the garage, and some of the rubbers etc. Be interesting to recall how they are used.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
At the time they were current a specific type of Fox lead was available, that were bought as standard with an inline tube type fitting. This fitting could be removed and the one you have fitted. With a swivel added, they were then just like a standard lead fished on a lead clip.