Four River Challenge - 2021-22

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Right Chaps, in these dark days we all need something to look forward to, so here it is..........The Four Rivers Challenge, the aim is to catch a Barbel, Chub, Bream or a Roach from four Rivers.

You can enter for as many rivers as you like and any river at all, but have to post on what the river is and what your prediction is. After each session a report on your day went would be great a bit like an ongoing story. I know full well that in the true MD spirit, MDr's local to each River will offer tips / advice etc.

So come mentalgents gentlemen who is up to join me on this, I'll put my name down to fish four rivers (I know I can blank sucessfully on all four, but what the hell :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

1) Scribe - 4 Rivers Avon, Trent, Severn & Wye - Predicition 1 Barbel 3 Chub (that's one chub from three of the rivers, not all from the same river :D)

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Good luck mate 👍🏻 you should do the chub with ease but the barbel could be more of a challenge. Which Avon are you referring to?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice idea Kev, but I feel you should throw it open to any 4 rivers as a lot of members may fancy a go but be unable to or put off by having to travel the distances to your 4 nominated rivers.

Scribe

Site Supporter
The Bristol Avon
Good luck mate 👍🏻 you should do the chub with ease but the barbel could be more of a challenge. Which Avon are you referring to?

Thanks Chip, the Bristol Avon as it's the longest, giving more MD'ers the chance to get to it. (y)

Scribe

Site Supporter
Nice idea Kev, but I feel you should throw it open to any 4 rivers as a lot of members may fancy a go but be unable to or put off by having to travel the distances to your 4 nominated rivers.

Far point Peter and great suggestion I'll edit the post. (y)

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Just before we start is it 'and a Chub or a Chub' because I've got at least 4 random barbel photos to upload so I'm ahead of the game,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah you've made it too easy now I did chub, roach and bream from each of the Thames, Warks Avon, Ouse and Waveney from last year 😉😅 Bet I'd fail if I tried it again now you've set it as a challenge 😂