Status
Not open for further replies.

mecca

Another smoggy
Anyone seen this yet??

looks really funny.

here is a clip.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2537358361/

would be interested to know if the whole film is as funny.

its about 4 suicide bombers[:D]

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
Its the new one from Chris Morris.

He did the Brass Eye thing on paedophilia,which received loads of complaints.

I find him quite good as he has a dark side which he flips to make comedic situations out of.

methodgob

yoda
Saw it on saturday in Bradford with an audience that was mostly young muslims.( how stereotypical is that in Bradford?! (LOL[:p][:D])

Never heard a whole audience laugh that much.
some of it's a bit slapstick and some of it's really subtle.
It's all funny though.

To sum it up using a quote from the film...........

" It's rubber dhingy rapids innit bro!"[:D][:p][:T]

Col7777

I've seen a few clips from it and what I saw was funny, I also envisaged possible outrage from people who had sons and daughters out in Afghanistan as well.
I know it is a micky take of the rebels out there but it makes light of terrorism, I tried to look at it in the sence of it as it is meant as a comedy and not making heroes of terrorists.
I mean they make films of WW2 where the Germans are sometimes made to look like idiots and we don't hear of trouble from those but with the Afghan thing being in the forefront it might be a bit more of a touchy subject.

mecca

Another smoggy
A few people complained who were mothers and fathers etc of the 7th of july bombings in london.

understandable, but you cannot make a comedy or do a stand up routine without insulting someone somewhere it's impossible.

I think this film makes a mockery of muslims and their suicide regimes etc, so in a way its a middle finger to them.

Thats the way i see it, same as brass eye i guess, although i think that went even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.