Forum Members' Entitlements

GeoffW

Site Supporter
We are all in it together!!

I have always found Dave's generosity towards non contributors surprising. On other forums that I have participated in the following rules have been strictly applied.
1. Only contributors may advertise items for sale but all members can see what is for sale. (he is potentially saving sellers eBay fees too)
2. Only contributors can access some sections (e.g. Club House) where personal opinions and heated debates take place. Potentiallly prevents trolls from getting involved and the site getting into trouble.

Regarding site ownership and what the owner can do, let's not lose sight of the fact that MD could close it's door at any time, we have no rights over that.

I was a member of an outdoor/craft forum a while back with thousands of active members. One day, the owner had a wobble and closed it down, no consultation with Admin, moderators or members. Years worth of information, tutorials and advice down the tubes. Not suggesting it will happen to MD, but it could.

This post is intended to illustrate how fortunate we all are to have this forum where we have the choice whether or not to contribute but still receive all the benefits....:)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
a forum is only as good the owner makes it and the people that post on it, Red Leader and the mod team provide a cracking site, its modded fairly, we have all sorts of members on here and its already stood the test of time, a easy to use forum that is sensibly modded is a thing to be very proud of! well done to Red Leader, the mods and all the members who make it that way!

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
I think it's success is because it is open to anyone and you can try before you buy , without which you would get the same people posting all the time , oh hang on a minute:unsure:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I put it down the fact we don't discriminate and encourage everyone to get involved, make comment and post opinions regardless of their abilities or inabilities to do so coherently and with basis - mickthestick included :D

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Give over you'll make me blush :p
Get a longer dressing gown 😁😁😁 seriously it's a very good site I know it takes a lot of time sorting things keeping an eye on posts and the general running of it . I think it's great you dont have to be a paid member as I'm sure some struggle to make ends meet . Well done maggot drowners Dave and all . Super site very informative good fun and a great way to just pass a few hours away and have a chuckle . Much appreciated and a big thankyou

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
"abilities or inabilities to do so coherently" - surely 'incoherent' is adjective if 'coherent' is preceded by inability? eg: inability to be coherent

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
"abilities or inabilities to do so coherently" - surely 'incoherent' is adjective if 'coherent' is preceded by inability? eg: inability to be coherent
What language is that 😇

62tucker

Site Supporter
Daft Geordie here. And some say they can’t understand us.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
I put it down the fact we don't discriminate and encourage everyone to get involved, make comment and post opinions regardless of their abilities or inabilities to do so coherently and with basis - mickthestick included :D
In my defence I'm a Bricklayer and I can lift heavy fings