Forceps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruddy Roach

Hi everyone!

I havent been fishing for a very long time and i am used to catching fish such as roach, perch, skimmers. etc. Which I easily unhook with a disgorger or with my fingers. Have you got any tips on using forceps for larger fish if they were deeply hooked?

Andy

joe1987

'Darwener'
be careful on pike. Dont just delve in and poke around because you mite damage the gill rakers(bright red things at back of throat). Shud be some tips on ere... www.esox.co.uk If you were meaning for carp and big bream i'd stick with the disgorger or get a bigger sized one.

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hi, i always carry forceps, and in truth, they are very easy to use, its mostly common sense
if you can see the hook
simply lok on and decide which way to dislodge it, wen piking you should always get he bigger sizes.
(a tip) wen using barbed hooks and catching little fish, say perch, if your having problems getting the barb owt of the fish, turn it the fish upside down and give the hhok a littl wiggle, it should come owt easily.
The percher[8D]

iobrien2002

Paddy
another good way is to grip the eye of the hook with the forceps and pull out as u would with ur fingers

I.O'Brien

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Be very careful of using forceps with spade end hooks. On numerous occasions I have destroyed the knot and lost the hook.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.