For those who have never had their licence checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

After all the debate and arguments about people who never get their licence checked, I am proud to announce that I had mine checked on Saturday. Twice I have fished the Basingstoke canal and 3 times I have had my permit checked. (They are thorough on the canal!). One of those times, the bailiff asked to see my rod licence as well. I was glowing with pride.
4 weeks back into it and my licence checked already, I feel blessed. So all of you who have never been asked for your licence, get yourselves down to the Basingstoke canal at 16 a year, you can get some great fishing in AND get your rod licence checked so you can really feel that you've got your money's worth!!!icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif DJ.gif

norm

lol beebsicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gif
it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

G

Hurah for the EA, long may they reign, nice one beebs

Andy

i'm going fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I'm saying nothing about the EA beebs, but I learnt in Ireland that the idea of charging a licence has been resoundingly rejected by Anglers over there, so its still free fishing!
Interestingly too, the Tourist Board is very visible, offering free maps, signposting the Loughs, Disabled stretches etc.,
Plus they have Great Regional Websites and Stocking policy's When I went to Tramore last year, the Southern Regional Fisheries guy, afterI E-Mailed him, cut us out a peg on the Barrow and then drove some 30 miles to leave a map for me on the Reception desk of the Complex!
Perhaps their emphasis on Tourism could have a knock on with us as there are so many holiday/lake complexes springing up?
France and Spain seem to be reacting to the demand.

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Del-J

' Victor '
Had mine checked twice in three days at the same stretch of river by the same nice E.A man.
Yes Andy I know I've got a dishonest face icon_smile_big.gif

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.