For that lazy angler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Click here for the ultimate reel, i reckon this one will be the "perfick" buy for those anglers who fish but don't want to work to hard.

The only thing it doesn't do is cast/wind in, land & then unhook the fish icon_smile.gif

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

phil

Well as you questioned whether I even know how to use a real, it should be perfick for me...............I got 2 carp though na na na na nah!!!

(When did scoobs get his tench and what size was it???)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is it any good for waywood cats icon_smile_wink.gif

Just awaiting a photo lol before the post icon_smile_big.gif

Phil, 5lb 4oz about an hour and a half before the end icon_smile.gif

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Phil

For years i have asked people if they are a pole angler or a reel angler without realising the way it may sound, that was until shadwell (waxy) pointed it out to me at Elvington icon_smile_blush.gif

What i mean when i ask that is do you pole fish or do you use a rod n reel?

The fact you had to ask the bulldog (AN's moderator & mascot icon_smile_wink.gif) Alan Roe to teach you how to use a reel made me think you didn't know what one was for icon_smile_big.gif

Dave (catgetter, well nearly icon_smile_wink.gif)

I dunno about that mate, its another of those damned redneck inventions so i'd suggest asking Newt icon_smile_big.gif

BTW if the pic you're looking for is anything like the one below don't bother.

Oh & if you're wondering why its a tad dark on the picture i'll tell you,,
Its 4 oclock in the soddin morning n i was soaking wet cos the boat was called "mini titanic" icon_smile_wink.gif & none of the other bloody cowards had the balls to go out to un-snag a fish.

Alan

ray

not cowards alan, it was just more fun to watch the troggy trying to land a moggy......or should it be..... the wussy with the cat.

clean banks are your responsibility, take your rubbish home with you.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Careful soft head careful!!

Or i'll tell everyone about that Man united towel you had with you at Elvington.(you know the one you brought from Danzante) icon_smile_wink.gif

Alan

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Alan,Its not brilliant but you can get the picture (so to speak)

teepee.

phil

Just to clarify, the delightful Mr Roe (Bulldog) has taught me to wallace cast, a way of casting a posy centrepin (I love using a pin and am a poser, therefor it's the perfect tool for me)

Fixed spools were the first tools I used for fishing, but I actually get a buzz out of landing good fish on the pole, neither carp was over 6lb, but I was using 7 elastic and 3lb bottom (I thought I was fishing for tench), I wasn't sensible enough to change gear after the first one, lost the next, landed the third, upgraded my gear and never had another touch from the carp.

In the end I love fishing whatever tools I use, I was just trying to have a joke, don't worry Alan, you'd have to really try hard to stand a chance of offending me, as was said at the time, I know you're just a softie underneath :D

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Teepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheers mate, i did try on my PSP7 but i just didn't have the patience.

Phil

icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trogg - I really doubt that particular reel will catch on in the UK.

US they are mostly used when meat fishing and usually for large catfish. Tie the reel to a limb. Let out some line (to reach barely under the water surfact) and set it. Put on a live bait that will thrash around on or near the surface.

When you get a take, the catch will trip and the built-in spring will set the hook and hold the fish pretty close. It can fight and take some line but the spring will win in the end and will be helped by the limb which can also bend and spring back some.

When I was a youngster (these things are an OLD idea and haven't changed much over the years) we would set out a dozen or so and have them out thru the night. Check on em every couple hours (or oftener if the fish were really biting).

Not much for sport but excellent for catching tomorrow's dinner. And you can spend the time between checks playing cards and drinking. Just be sure to take the rigs in before you get taken by the drink. icon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.