Footplates........

andypet

With the rise of commercials and the very well managed pegs they provide, are there any advantages to using a footplate these days?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Some that I fish ,a footplate is needed for keepnet attachments,due to solid platforms.

dubdog

Yeah essential for a well worked set up with everything In the right place. Right pain trying to push bank sticks in. Just not practical. Might get the odd dinsour without a foot plate.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I sit on an Octobox D25 and definately need a footplate for fishing on the river Ijssel in Holland!

johng19

me@home.com
Took mine off D25 for a bit, ended up putting I back on. Mainly attachments, what I'd got use to using. Some of the fisherys we go to the peg are not that good.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I took my plate off a couple of years ago and then most of the waters we fished went over to wooden platforms or concrete pads... nice for setting a box up on, but utter pants for putting keepnets out, so the foot plate went back on with an accessory bar... course, now I don't fish matches, or even use a box so its moot... but you get the drift...??

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Adapt to suit ! weight difference and compactness advantages.
FP' needed for pole, body needs to be in correct position. On rivers, sometimes not needed due to space/banks or standing / wading etc

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 42

johng19

me@home.com
Adapt to suit ! weight difference and compactness advantages.
FP' needed for pole, body needs to be in correct position. On rivers, sometimes not needed due to space/banks or standing / wading etc
If your going to fish with a foot plate, might aswell use the one with it, best and strongest by far.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
If your going to fish with a foot plate, might aswell use the one with it, best and strongest by far.
[/QUOTE]
This is the Octbox Compact Seatbox w/ drawers. (bought because it does NOT come with footplate) I fish natural waters mostly and only fish the pole / whip to 8.5m. The small footplate is solid, strong and compact. Does me fine and suits my types of fishing.

rudd

Site Supporter
And tberes me thinking footplates main purpose is to ensure your legs are in correct position for fishing long pole to prevent back ache / problems,