Footplates Yes or No ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

markye65

I have a six draw compact boss box and i am unsure whether to buy a footplate. Are they any good an if so which one should i buy, i think the boss one sells for about 50 but does it fold-up[?][?]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Markye,
First of all Welcome to the mad world of Maggotdrowning.[:D]

quote: have a six draw compact boss box and i am unsure whether to buy a footplate. Are they any good an if so which one should i buy, i think the boss one sells for about 50 but does it fold-up

If you use a pole then a Footplate is a must!!!!.I'd reccomend the Boss footplate for your box.Well made and yes it does fold for transportation.
(In fact i would get the complete system kit for the box which gives you the wheels and handle as well as the footplate.)
The only drawback is the square leg system,but there are plenty of square to round adaptors now so that acccesories can be mounted to them,

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Polepot

Poles
Welcome Markye

As Peter says, if you use a Pole then the plate is a must - certainly if you fish long session with a pole at 8 or more meters. I am a fan of the Octoplus gear and I suggest you look at the prices from WMAC.

Enjoy the site

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

jonesr

Markye.Hi! Definately get a footplate.Besides the helping you to be seated properly with a pole. It is always the thing that gets forgotten,(IT KEEPS YOU FEET OUT OFF THE COLD,WET MUD OR WATER!)
Seriously if you sit with your feet uncomfortable for up to 6 hours,you will wish you stayed at home!

Ron J[8][V][V][V]

Age isn't everything!
EXPERIENCE IS!

Chopper

markye65,

What venues do you fish??

If you just fish carp puddles with comfy platforms allready in place or canals with nice even towpaths then you would get away without one.

Any other types of venues, natural lakes, rivers etc then YES you will make life a lot easier and comfier with a foot plate.

I would imagine that you could get a 'none Boss' plate that will fit for less money, ie fisheasy or octoplus if they are compatable with your square legs.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

[/img]

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

martin.

Account Locked
hi
Also with the extra 2 feet that you have with the foot platformit makes your box more stable on uneven ground or mud.
I have the octoplus legs on my box & use a 4 bar fisheasy platform which ive customised slightly to suit myself in the following ways

1- I got some 1/4" square mesh from pet shop the type you use on bird boxes ect & cut a piece to exactlty fit across all 4 bars & secured it to the top with cable ties.
this helps me keep my feet more secure as my heel does not keep dropping through the gaps
(i have one leg disabled}also when i drop a fish off as i swing it to hand it does fall straioght through ,same goes for anything else that i drop.
2- I cut an ordinary 6" octoplus knet bracket in half bolted 1 1/2 dead centre on the front of the platform for a small V rest to support my pole /whip & the other just to side
for keepnet.
Also i have even got a pair of octoplus legs cut down to 4" so that i can use it on hard platforms as well without having front legs stick up to far in the way

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
hi
i just saw in AT that they have universal 4 bar footplates for
29-99 + 5-00 p & p

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football