Footplate

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I've found if you don't get the front legs and the clamps levelled up it has a tendency to fold in on itself, not what you want if you're going to stand up on it. :LOL: (y) The older Matchboxes I think are a bit better in someways since the company changed hands recently. I have thought about a lighter box for river fishing, as I went for the Full Monty Classic box, but a chair does me for what I do at the moment.
I have an S Class match box and the legs are extendable so once the box is levelled the plate is level too and very sturdy as it locks into place on the lower chassis.... sadly its in me loft as my back won't let me use a box any more

Zerkalo

It's probably something to do with the way I set it up, showed it to my dad when the plate was collapsing on me and he told me you just need to get all the legs level and that seems to have sorted it. I have used it a few times and not got the height sorted, need to extend the lower legs a bit for that, so my legs aren't 90 degrees when sat on the box. Not very ergonomic.