Footplate

Line Clip

When match or pleasure fishing , do you always use a footplate , in modern day angling could you do without it
or is it priority, to take as part of your set up.

smiffy

Site Supporter
I think they’re important for posture when fishing the long pole. On natural waters with dodgy pegs they’re a no brainer👍.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Since going over to a chair from a box I've not used one, that said I only pleasure fish nowadays... I no longer use a keepnet, so have no real use of a footplate and my chair has a leg system on it so I can fit any accessories to the legs should I need them

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Theres that many attachments to yer box now to make things easy to reach that the Footplate has also become the Keepnet Bar legs as well as the spray bar legs. Great addition if ya get it to your liking.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I sold my Preston Box that had a foot plate & bought a lighter Maver box. Don't get to fish matches very often so I can do without. I bought a keepnet bar & have managed with an extra box leg & outrigger arm so far to keep it far enough in front of me.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
use it for both, need my feet and knees at the correct height and would mean moving legs around too much each time without them, also useful for my keepnet bar and my feeder arm and its inbuilt into the box so would be a pain to remove anyway.

Without it i would have lots more issues than with it so im happy to use it every time

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I'd invariably choose to use one if using a long pole. However, as I haven't used a pole for years, neither have I used a footplate.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Since going over to a chair from a box I've not used one, that said I only pleasure fish nowadays... I no longer use a keepnet, so have no real use of a footplate and my chair has a leg system on it so I can fit any accessories to the legs should I need them

Bloody noddy.:love::love::love::love::love: It's a good way to go mate, especially with a doggy back like may have.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
My back's totally shot... collapsed discs... 4 of em... loving my fishing more since I ditched all the match frippery... a chair is a lot kinder on my back

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
My back's totally shot... collapsed discs... 4 of em... loving my fishing more since I ditched all the match frippery... a chair is a lot kinder on my back
Mind you though Arry, you are knocking on a bit now mate! ;-)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haven’t got much choice, I bolted my footplate in place so it’s always extended. It’s (in my view) an essential when fishing a pole long for 6 hours.

Nicky Dodds

Haven’t got much choice, I bolted my footplate in place so it’s always extended. It’s (in my view) an essential when fishing a pole long for 6 hours.
Same here. It's an integral part of the octbox transportation system.