Football Leadership Diversity Code

160642fishing

Site Supporter
So does this say that clubs will now have to give management and coaching jobs to a higher percentage of ethnic minority groups,I always thought jobs were given on ability rather than skin colour.I read the other day that one black player,can't remember who,said that black players shouldn't sign for any clubs that don't sign up to it,if all the Premiership clubs got their heads together and refused,and I know that 19 have signed up for it but had they not where would the players be then.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If you research and read the code it is about targets not quotas. The targets, while not compulsory, do indicate the level of ethnic diversity that reflects both society in general and football in particular.

" Hiring will be based on merit, to find the best person for the job from diverse talent pipelines and the aim is to move away from recruitment practices focused on personal networks, which is a longstanding challenge across football and has limited the diversity in leadership across the game."

By putting a structure in place for the advertising of vacancies it is surely hoped that applicants will come forward who might otherwise have been overlooked. Like the Rooney Rule in American Football the aim will be to ensure that ethnic minority candidates will be given a chance to display their suitability for a role.

I know from personal experience of interviewing and promoting staff that some people can surprise you once in interview. More than once I have promoted someone other than the obvious candidate after completing the interviews.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sadly we are heading down the route of the South African Cricket model where there are "persons of colour" in all tiers of the game from player to management... the problem is it is usually not the best people in the jobs so the sport suffers...

And as a case in point there are very few white English players in the premiership so what happened to diversity from an English white male perspective...???