Football as a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
Please can we have a seperate area for football type discussions.

THIS IS A FISHING SITE

If we have a seperate topic area, those of us who are not concerned about the failure or success of the North East Teams, or indeed any football team, do not have to be bothered.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

martin.

Account Locked
yes some where like anglers net ive never used that one

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Football to be the same as D******ing please

chill out go fishing

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Esox when there is no good fishing due to weather football comes a good second to wind up those geordies....We know most of them can not fish so we may as well point out their rubbish football teams as well...LOL.....tHE EASY WAY IS TO OPEN A TOPIC CALLED "FOOTBALL" THEN ONLY THOSE INTERESTED WOULD GO THERE.....Hope you are OK see you next year....haydn

there is no such thing as a stranger..just friends who have not yet met.

Polepot

Poles
Dave there is a ground swell on this one Hayden agrees with me.

Poles

Beebs

Do you think they discuss fishing on football forums? I doubt it. Football is s**t. I can't wait for Swansea to drop out of the league at the end of the season .

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Hayden, when is the weather to bad to go fishing?
The only thing that stops me is a freeze up, then we can talk fishing.
I do approve tho about winding up our north eastern cousins. Is there any F******L teams up there?

chill out go fishing

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Poles,
quote: Please can we have a seperate area for football type discussions.

THIS IS A FISHING SITE

If we have a seperate topic area, those of us who are not concerned about the failure or success of the North East Teams, or indeed any football team, do not have to be bothered.

If you look at the Club House part of the forum,you will see that it is described thus...............
The Club House
Non fishing related topics and general chat. Pull up a chair and discuss your thoughts, post comments, etc, but please keep it clean.

I would assume that as Football is not a fishing related topic,that it is in it's correct place for those that wish to "Pull up a chair and discuss their thoughts".

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

angler-mark

Peter, I agree with you 100%, I don't follow Football but then again for those that do, the Clubhouse IS the place for this type of disscusion so I can't see anything wrong with anyone posting their views on it, good or bad.

Tight Lines

Mark

norm

thanks peter but don't keep telling them that ---its not their fault they can not read (lol)[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

dazb

haydn
we all know that geordies can not fish all you have to do is look at norms record

G

In total ageement with peter on this one, even tho i dont like football, but peter how many times has a thread been hijacked by footy, lets lay some ground rules,

I suggest, no mention of footy on a non related thread, if a member does a mod will delete it.

I think i am wanting a bit much on this one,[;)]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Contrary to some peoples beliefs [:D]...............
The MODS get no joy out of deleting posts/slapping peoples wrists.Alright Trogg excepted [;)]

So people let's keep footy in the Club House.

And a suggestion here.When you've typed your posts,Before posting it,please press the Preview button,and have a look at it and consider how people may react to it.It may save everyone some grief [}:)]

I THANK YOU
SERMON ENDS
[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by beebs

Do you think they discuss fishing on football forums? I doubt it. Football is s**t. I can't wait for Swansea to drop out of the league at the end of the season .

The mourning flags are aleady out. I can't wait for all of the teams to go bust and give the fishing forums back to the fishermen.

And what would a Londoner know about football, Peter?

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:And what would a Londoner know about football, Peter?

A darn site more than anyone from the North East Geoff [:p][:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

norm

EHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PETER before you post your posts please preview as it may offend some rubbish fisherman northeast people

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Careful Norm [:D]

Might have to recruit the chickens for KFC [:p]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
as you have probally gathered by now i HATE football..
this is my own personal oppinion , but i know a lot of others enjoy it (there all welcome to have thier own faults) as long as its kept in the clubhouse & i can have my little dig then its o/k
ill respect thier wishes to allow them to post the subject but ill reserve my chioce to run the subject down
everyone is happy this way . But id still rather talk about fishing & NOT football. but the small disagreements we have on this site is as important as the serious discussions on fishing .The piont is we can all laugh about it afterwards ,thats why this is such a brilliant site

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Last edited by a moderator:

Polepot

Poles
Core - didn't I stasrt something 'ere.

Just another point I think footballers are far less inteligent than fishermen and another good reason for keeping the two apart.

Oh! this is a generalisation and does not aply to all - Kev coke being an exception to the rule

Poles

G

Aha poles trying to get out of it now are you [;)][;)].

Welllll its not going to be that easy my man[;)].

And another thing why did you pick on the north east teams, eh, eh go on why did you, eh.

[:p]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Status
Not open for further replies.