food processor for bread crumb?

adriang

Site Supporter
Killed the food processor that I use for making white crumb, think I used it 4 times since I bought it in January. Just taken it back and got a refund (Argos located in Sainsburys has an advantage).

I can suggest not to buy the 'cookworks' branded one based on my experience.

My fishing mate swears by a Tescos home brand one, which unfortunately has now been discontinued.

Any suggestions on one that lasts the grade?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Got a 20yr old Kenwood I had from my sister and it still works perfectly, I would hope the new stuff is just as robust

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Another vote for Kenwood. Well designed, well built no-nonsense machines.

Davethefish

Site Supporter
When blitzing it up don't run it for too long shorter bursts help stop the motor burning out. I've found with several different makes that running it for more than a ten second burst eventually leads to a smokey aroma !

Dropon

Where are you based ? I have one for sale £10 but too big to post. I am in Notts .Only been used a few times just for bread liquidising.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i would go on amazon and sort based on ave customer review, works well for me

Good luck

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
I use a Kenwood for basic crust on liquidised bread (4 slices with crusts on 2 minutes). For winter Roach fishing I use a James Martin Wahl coffee grinder (1 slice with crusts off 1 minute).

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I have had the best results with the coffee grinder attachment on an oldish Kenwood but you need to do one slice at a time.
I find you get a finer cut with this.

adriang

Site Supporter
Where are you based ? I have one for sale £10 but too big to post. I am in Notts .Only been used a few times just for bread liquidising.
Thanks for a kind offer, but a bit of a trek to collect..

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
When blitzing it up don't run it for too long shorter bursts help stop the motor burning out. I've found with several different makes that running it for more than a ten second burst eventually leads to a smokey aroma !
And liquidise frozen bread if you want really fine licky for rock hard shallow canals. Put it through a flour sieve and put the lumps through the blender again.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Buy the cheap ones from supermarket, keep receipt handy then burn it out 2 weeks before years guarantee runs out they will replace it for you.