Food hygiene

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
It's been long time known that businesses can produce their own signs to put in their windows that have no reflection on their food hygiene standards.

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Ever check out your local takeaway , prepare for a few surprises

Yes. Our local chinese takeaway had a glorious 0 stars for several years. Multiple warnings issued, etc etc. I don't get how they are even allowed to operate if they can't even manage 3 stars. Kebab houses are not much better locally either, although a new owner a one of them took his place from 1 to 5 in a few months, so now if I fancy a bit of elephants leg, I know where to go.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
The internet is a wonderful place 🤔😂

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I worked in quite a few takeaway kitchens on the gas, 2 of them I never visited again for a meal, but was blissfully unaware before.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
You often see notices in cafes and pubs, saying Voted best cafe/pub in ??????????. Funny how they never say voted by who !

62tucker

Site Supporter
You often see notices in cafes and pubs, saying Voted best cafe/pub in ??????????. Funny how they never say voted by who !
Newish pub/restaurant near me. Been took on by a Mam and Dad for there son to run etc etc.
Wins every award going from pub of year to dog friendly awards craft beer awards bed and breakfast awards.
Mind you they are rubbish hot on trip advisor when get a bad comment and normally can turn it around in there favour if it’s a fake comment. ( why would someone do that anyway)

Also remember a video going around where a local takeaway was unloading his food from van in a back alley and tipped a tray of chicken drumsticks onto ground and picked them all up and carried them into shop.
No different from dropping a sausage when doing a bbq.
Remember the 5 second rule.