Following on....

Northantslad

'Any indications?
From the cheating thread and also the one around xmas about the two anglers swapping their pegs post draw.

Formal rules aside in more flexible match scenarios, or with rules applied in addition to the fishery rules, what have you witnessed match wise that has caused you to think, hang on what's going on here? Was it an instant spot or something you suspected over time and were found to be justified in your thinking?

Fished a good few matches where bank walking was permitted and soon learnt to apply the 'blatantly lie policy' when asked how I was doing, especially when I realised the info was being passed on from one chap to his mate.

Over to you....

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
A few years back

there was a "Fish for 3k" series run locally, a run of matches with qualifiers fishing a final for £3000, which was quite a 1st prize back then, I had really only been match fishing on commercials for about a year, still the new boy really, pools fodder

well, we were all queueing at the draw and it was a ramshackle affair, all pushing and shoving etc, no real supervision

it turned out that the peg numbers were in small envelopes, but if you picked one out, the envelopes were such poor quality you could actually see the black printed peg number through the paper of the envelope

I sorta hung back to let the rush die down, and noticed a very well known match angler, a proper sponsored and big team member draw an envelope, he walked toward me with it and I went to get my draw, just as Im getting there, this angler pushed in front and sorta palmed the envelope he had already drawn back into the bucket and took another envelope

now, he turned around and saw, that I had seen what he had done, he knew I knew what I knew

and to my eternal shame, I never said anything

Feldy

Site Supporter
A few years back

there was a "Fish for 3k" series run locally, a run of matches with qualifiers fishing a final for £3000, which was quite a 1st prize back then, I had really only been match fishing on commercials for about a year, still the new boy really, pools fodder

well, we were all queueing at the draw and it was a ramshackle affair, all pushing and shoving etc, no real supervision

it turned out that the peg numbers were in small envelopes, but if you picked one out, the envelopes were such poor quality you could actually see the black printed peg number through the paper of the envelope

I sorta hung back to let the rush die down, and noticed a very well known match angler, a proper sponsored and big team member draw an envelope, he walked toward me with it and I went to get my draw, just as Im getting there, this angler pushed in front and sorta palmed the envelope he had already drawn back into the bucket and took another envelope

now, he turned around and saw, that I had seen what he had done, he knew I knew what I knew

and to my eternal shame, I never said anything
Name and Shame Mick

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
No, its been a few years now and I have managed to niether speak or acknowledge his existance when Im actually on a match he is attending

I declared him "Nithing" in my mind, that is enough

Dusty

Site Supporter
There is a bloke who fishes our matches who I have seen on a few occasions fishing after the all in and getting a sneaky last minute carp landed. I’ve never said anything as I’m a new member and don’t want to rock the boat.

CarpCatcher86

Morals are morals and I guess you guys have your reasons.
But people who are prepared to do anything to win, they need to be named and shamed.