Following on from the 'cows lick' thread

Maverick

Site Supporter
Many times I've just bought a bag of groundbait of the shelves mixed it up and used it as is, in the belief that the experts who make it have included all the fish catching ingredients it says on the bag. You've all read the blurb Amino acids, betain flavours etc. etc.

After reading the 'cows lick' thread I just wondered how many of you add extra things to your shop bought groundbait and have confidence that it makes a huge difference.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
When I worked in restaurants I used to keep all the prawn shells and blitz them up and add to my groundbait, seemed to work well ... now I add krill powder and rock salt to fishmeal mixes , makes a really rich mix

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Juice from a can of sweetcorn, or the water saved from boiling hemp. Dynamite Baits Liquid worm is also another one I use.

Zerkalo

Hemp water and sweetcorn juice as standard but I also had good results adding Mainline Cell Particle Mix to my Barbel groundbait this year. Not quite the same as an additive, similar to mixing micro pellets with groundbait, but I had some left over from a planned Tench session so thought I might as well. Dunno if I'd bother with it again but it 'worked'. I also have some Marukyu Amino Acid spray that I use sometimes but mostly just on the maggots.

baggy

Mark Saunders
Rock salt is good, a lot of the continental sweet mixes have a lot of salt in them especially Van Den Eynde groundbaits and I have always found the more salty mixes are better. Except when using bloodworm and joker as the salt kills them.

Demerara sugar always was a go to when fishing for skimmers to make your groundbait super sweet and sticky.

These days I’ll add some sensas additives to a fish meal mix to add some sweetness, pastoncino and maybe some brasem.

When I go back to fishing naturals I will definitely add coriander and crushed hemp for any roach mix.

Silver fan 82

I've used the juice from hemp and corn, krill powder, crushed boilies, and if I'm after Bream or Tench then I always add molasses.