Following a Brand

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do anglers follow brands like footie fans follow teams?

I mean, how many have a favourite brand and as such stay faithful to it, wear the team colours, only use 'team' luggage, that kind of thing?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sort of... I use Korum tackle bags... not because of the brand but because they do what I want... if summat better comes along I'll change

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I'll use what works, box preston, rod bag maver, rods by drennan cadence maver grays preston, reel, cadence sonic daiwa, not fussy as long as it does what I want it to do, might look like a jumble sale on the bank but I don't care.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I used to only buy Daiwa rods and Shimano/ABU reels. Nowadays the quality is available more readily so I will use anything that works and lasts.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I only go for what I feel comfy with. I have rods by Shimano, Daiwa, Korum and Maver. All are different and gives me a choice depending on where I'm fishing. Although with this covid thingy, it's limited my options.

Stewie74

My kit is made up of loads of different brands, Daiwa luggage, Drennan feeder rod, Maver feeder rod, Preston reels, Korum chair and accessories, and probably a few other names that I can't remember.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not at all really. Most my natural venue coarse rods, reels, terminal tackle are all pretty much just drennan save for the line and a few odd bits and bobs but all my other gear is a mish mash of various brands. I just buy what seems good as not too bothered by the label.

jimbo1946

Always used Mustad hooks back in the day.Swopped to Drennan for some reason.Still reckon their carbon chub was about the most vesatile hook l have ever come across.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Keep plugging Neil you will be offered sponsorship eventually:p. Seriously though, I had an Avanti box, quite happy with it until a leg clamp gave up the ghost and I bought a Preston Space Station. The boxes actually looked a carbon copy of each other but the build of the Preston was infinitely superior.

commieboy257

I buy what I can afford and works for me although I do seem to have bought a chunk of Maver gear. Two rods, large side tray, stink bag. I counter this by using a second hand unknown rod bag and a Matt Hayes carryall thus confirming I shop at Boyes and am therefore a professional.
Too much branding and you look like this guy:
chav.jpg

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
I buy what I can afford and works for me although I do seem to have bought a chunk of Maver gear. Two rods, large side tray, stink bag. I counter this by using a second hand unknown rod bag and a Matt Hayes carryall thus confirming I shop at Boyes and am therefore a professional.
Too much branding and you look like this guy:
View attachment 85561
Isn't that our @Total ?:p:ROFLMAO::p