Fly Tipping

160642fishing

Site Supporter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4875678/Travellers-fly-tip-mountain-rubbish-near-Olympic-Park.html

How do these people get away with it,you can't tell me that the local council didn't know it was happening over that length of time.If it was a non traveller doing it they would be nicked in no time.

Indeco

Account Closed
Some travellers are fine but it looks like these are simple scum. Track em down and bury the caravans in the ****e then torch it. Problem solved as other pikeys will then offer to take the burnt out chassis and weight them in.

kenpix

ken
They'll just find another convenient site and carry on as before. Any attempt to clamp down on their activities will have the usual crowd wailing about persecuted minorities...

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
These are the same Scum that Pay no Tax, Rip people off with dodgy work, go through speed cameras without prosecution, Take owt whats not nailed down and even if it is its not safe, and generally laugh at the law cos they do nothing to stop it [:(]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Several things missing here - surely the council noticed the pile of rubbish as they began to evict the travellers? If so why didn't they do something about it then?

We have flying squads of council, DVLA, EA and police who set up stops every now and again and check all commercial vehicles for waste, waste carriers licences, red diesel, you name it, and if you fall foul of them you can at least expect a fine, at worse court and vehicle taken away

By law if a company uses anyone to collect and remove waste and that includes builders working, the onus is on the person who is paying to have the waste removed to see and make a note of the collector's waste carriers licence.
If they don't have one the person who's waste it is is breaking the law if they use them.

It's all a load of bo77ocks if this is allowed to be got away with, likewise with all the other illegal dumps, as once again it's those that abide by the laws and pay for the privilege of doing so who ultimately end up losing out time and again

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I remember when i was a kid, pykies set up a camp on the beck fields near Halton Moor, they were there less than 24 hours due to a vehical getting set alight and numerous caravan windows been put through, Who needs the council [:T]

Last edited:

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Years ago a farmer whose land I shot pigeons over had five trailers suddenly park up on one of the grass verges alongside one of his fields,he told them to move,they told him the usual story that they had so many days before they had to move,he then told them that he was going to get one of his tractor drivers to fill the muck spreader and drive alongside with it to 'fertilise' the verge,they moved.

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Wise Owl

I remember when i was a kid, pykies set up a camp on the beck fields near Halton Moor, they were there less than 24 hours due to a vehical getting set alight and numerous caravan windows been put through, Who needs the council [:T]

"Black Widder" catty's and 7/16" steelies...(A bit bigger than 3/8ths, got more 'Wumpf'), great for shooting caravan windows out at long distance!!![:D][:T]

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
surely the council noticed the pile of rubbish as they began to evict the travellers? If so why didn't they do something about it then
The council eviction squad would have noticed but ITS NOT THEIR JOB ,they just evict.
Plus the paper work, risk assessments, they obviously didn't want to get involved.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

Funny you should mention that, years back we were parked up on a layby for a couple of days waiting to pull on, bunch of local wanckers decided to start smashing our windows up..... bunch of brain dead pr1cks all ran off when we went on the attack.

Originally posted by 160642fishing

Years ago a farmer whose land I shot pigeons over had five trailers suddenly park up on one of the grass verges alongside one of his fields,he told them to move,they told him the usual story that they had so many days before they had to move,he then told them that he was going to get one of his tractor drivers to fill the muck spreader and drive alongside with it to 'fertilise' the verge,they moved.

I wouldn't have moved but would have sued the farmer for any damages if he had carried out his threat, we can LEGALLY pull onto the patrin so long as our trailers aren't obstructing the road or causing a danger to other road users.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Ya didnt mention a van set on fire Trogg so it cant have been Halton Moor [;)] I also notice how you put LEGALLY in capitals, Legally only matters when it suits or benefits them [:T] Shatting in bushes and leaving excrement all over, leaving rubbish, not paying council tax or rates, even though the councils are left with the clean up bill, amongst other things are NOT LEGAL.

Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I visit a customer in Redditch at least once a week and just down the road on a broad grass verge a proper Romany camp was setup with two horse drawn Romany caravans. They were there for two weeks and left the place spotless, the only way you could tell they had been there were the wheel ruts in the grass. In Ireland they make a distinction between the true travelling folk and what they call Diddycoys, who trash a place and leave rubbish wherever they have been. I have never understood that as they all seem to have at least one Transit pickup to take the waste to a local tip - just wasters.

Blanks

Site Supporter
They will most likely be Irish tinkers not Romany gypsies. Romany people are clean and have self respect and most own their own land and pay taxes.

AdeB

Site Supporter
What I find hard to get to grips with is the fact they leave any area they use looking like a right sh*thole, yet the inside of their vans are spotless. The girls have high morals yet they look like sluts and the boys would punch you out as soon as look at you. Also Id like to know where they get their money from to afford the new cars they often have, I bet not many are taxed and insured!![:(!]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

I also notice how you put LEGALLY in capitals, Legally only matters when it suits or benefits them [:T] Shatting in bushes and leaving excrement all over, leaving rubbish, not paying council tax or rates, even though the councils are left with the clean up bill, amongst other things are NOT LEGAL.

Legally, yes, as for taxes, council tax etc, we do pay it, we pay it in our rents for the land we use, we pay it for our winter quarters, we pay taxes for the fuels we use, the parts we buy for vehicles/machinery, the clothing and everything else we buy [:)].... the pikers/p***es/pikeys may not but the true travellers do.

Sadly, the joskin/gadjo/didicoy/gorger seem to find it very difficult to differentiate between the travelling folks and just decide it is simplier to be racist and hate filled towards us all.

Then again as they say, a child is not born racist or knowing how to hate, they are taught it by their elders and most are just too lazy (or stupid) to even bother trying to learn the differences!

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Quite true that's why I'm not gonna change the way I feel [:T]

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Trogg

Funny you should mention that, years back we were parked up on a layby for a couple of days waiting to pull on, bunch of local wanckers decided to start smashing our windows up..... bunch of brain dead pr1cks all ran off when we went on the attack.

I wouldn't have moved but would have sued the farmer for any damages if he had carried out his threat, we can LEGALLY pull onto the patrin so long as our trailers aren't obstructing the road or causing a danger to other road users.
Trogg,where does the word 'patrin' come into the example I posted,the land in question was private land at the side of a private farm drove.

patrin
NOUN

cant
A marker made of grass, leaves, a twig, etc., left purposely by a Gypsy to indicate the direction taken.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

Trogg,where does the word 'patrin' come into the example I posted,the land in question was private land at the side of a private farm drove.

patrin
NOUN

cant
A marker made of grass, leaves, a twig, etc., left purposely by a Gypsy to indicate the direction taken.

My apologies, with you using the term grass verge i assumed you meant the grass verge at the side of the road IE the roadside not a field boundary.

Patrin is used by some groups to mean the roadside due to the leaves which gather there and when the vardo had moved it showed where they had been.