florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro1098

i mentioned it to the wife about taking the kids next year however we mainly have been to europefor our hols.. so whats options for florida/disney etc

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We went many years ago and it was a fantastic experience - not cheap though

You need to book for a fortnight minimum and look around re packages and rentals.
The villas are the choice rather than motels but it's all down to budget.
Food is cheap, the parks are dear but you can get some good discounts from the ticket booths.

All in all I reckon it'll cost you inc spends in the region of 6,000 to do it right and have a really good time. It'll be the trip of a lifetime for the kids so don't scrimp as you'll regret it.

PS My case is packed, what time are you picking me up [:D]

fish finder

callum
i have been 3 times the first when i was 4[ten years ago] and i loved it had a brilliant time great for the younger kids [2-10]

slf

NUFC
Been five times, love the place. Best option is to stay on international drive which has everything you need on, lovely restaurants everywhere, wet n wild etc. Most of the hotels operate free buses to the theme parks which is ideal, the best wetern plaza was in a great location on international drive and a good price. There are many them parks, the diseys, animal kingdom, magic kingdom etc, universal studios, mgm which are all brilliant. There is also bush gardens in tampa which is brilliant and well worth the trip and others such as gatorland. You also have the shopping outlets which the missus will love, desingers are unbelievably cheap, also a trip to florida keys but this might not be the best for the kids. There is loads more i could mention as well. It may be pricey but the experience is unreal and it will be the holiday you go on for sure if you are an active person.

Dannysdad

Guv
If you can squeeze week number 3 out of it, spend it on the Gulf Coast to catch your breath and chill out. There are loads of places to stay about 2hrs from Disney. Then head to a place called Tarpon Springs, a Greek settlement, where you can go deep sea fishing for Grouper.......which taste great with a few chips[:p]

me

ive looked at taking the mrs and kids a few times. People say its expensive but weve been priced between 4 grand and thats flying with virgin and for the experience ect i reckon its worth the money. The one thing you have to bear in mind and this is were i have the stumbling block and have not book it yet is. ......... if you have ever been in trouble with the police or fined (and this includes speeding and motoring offences) you cant get in with the visa waver. You need to apply for a visa and this includes a lot of hassel and time and work. You need to get a police certificate (which costs) apply for a visa (which costs, go to london for an interveiw at the embassey then wait for upto 3 days then return to the embassey for either get your visa or be refused.

So if you have ever been in trouble (and its goes back through ALL OF YOUR LIFE) id check on the visa before you book the holiday

Triturus

Also great for the older kids 35+. International Drive is the main hub for the theme parks. We've done it both as a package, a fly drive and booking all the elements independently. A visit to a travel agent may be the main starting point to discuss the options/flexibility/budget. But work on the principal you are just going the once and do it all. Then go back again and do the bits you didn't manage the first time!

tom14

Originally posted by kcon123

Bass Pro. Go there.
yeah that place was like heaven haha all the quads boat hunting stuff and fishing!!
i went to florida in april and i had the time of my life, the theme park tickets can be bought in deals, think we paid 180 quid or nearby each for any 6 themeparks for 2 weeks and you can go as much as ou like. we stayed at a hotel and there was a big lake overlooking and i went out and bought a cheap rod n real and a couple of lures, caught a few small bass aswell[:T]
p.s look out for the gators[:D][:D]

tom14

forgot to add if you dont hire a car, we paid for taxis the first week and paid an absolute fortune!! the second week we discovered the i-ride and paid sumert like 8 dollars for the whole week!

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Don't forget "Gatorland" thats always good. Also not far from there is a place where you can rent airboats which is a blast. You can also rent canoes and fishing equipment from the same place, BUT its only down the road from Gatorland so keep your hands out of the water.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Martin wheres my invite to visit??? Id love to see you catch the crocs with bare arm lol. Seriously hows you and Mindy???

Status
Not open for further replies.