Floods again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
With the relentless rains of recent days a number of flood warnings are out here, I had hoped to give some Pike fishing a try but you need chest waders or skuba.[:(]
Even the fields across from the house are bad as the Langney land drains overflow.

How are other MDs making out in their part of the world?
My beer supply is also going down when it should be at its peak for the New Year[:(]
Still it can only get better, (I think)[:D]
Mick.

Datafile2.gif

CourseCraig

I drove throught Tewksbury, Gloucestershire tonight - water VERY high - typical flooding in this area - this would affect Severn and Avon

martin.

Account Locked
hi
checked ours today & although they were pumping off it was only 2" above normal

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mick,

Isn't it a lovely sight when the marsh floods. I must get back to Sussex again to fish Wallers Haven. Nice pike in there.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Wharfe and Ouse are topping the banks and running like chocolate
They came up 4 foot betwen Friday on the way home from Castle Howard and Saturday afternoon

Dave

angler-mark

The Trent where we had the fish-in last year is under water and the road that you all came down, just near the church is under as well.
Good news for Toma, the pub is OK [;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

phil

Thw Wear is high but still fishable in places, the tyne looks high but again still fishable.

The Witness

Great Ouse around Bedford is like foaming liquid chocolate.Completely unfishable.Oh for some nice dry frosty weather.
Martin cant you get your guys to pump a bit harder?It might drain a bit more water from over here!
Richard.

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
Here you are then Geoff a shot of Wallers Haven looking downstream from Middle Bridge on the A259.
Taken in better weather one early morning in August.

Enjoy,
Mick

martin.

Account Locked
hi richard
glad your on line now WELCOME to the mad MDs
with regards to our drain at moment there running 1 sometimes 2 pumps out of the 5.
if they ran all 5 at once they would nearly empty the river in hours, as at a pumping rate of 200 tons of water each per hour it would give a total of 1,000 tons of water per hour going out & the land wont drain at that speed.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Status
Not open for further replies.