Floats for the evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
Hi all,
Are there waggler floats that have some sort of illumination that enables them to be used when it is getting dark? If so what are they called and are they any good?

BiGFiSh

hey rob,

ive heard of these floats but ive never seen them in shops. I would imagine the best way would be to send away for em.I'm not sure exactly how they work. I prefer to use a feeder method myself as I find its easier to detect bites.

- BiGFiSh!!! icon_smile_cool.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Rob,
Drennan Crystal Insert Wagglers, available freely in all good shops.
As night falls, simply remove the sight tip insert and replace with a Beta light or similar.
These are a small glass tube containing chemicals that glow in the dark.
You simply bend them on insertion to activate the light, which should last a full night session.
Don't throw them in the water after you pack up, or Ray will come and terminate you lol.
THe floats come in all sizes and are good value day or night, especially if supplied with quick change links for weight variation.
CYA

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bit tricky to set for the right bite indication but i've gotta say that these floats are fantastic

Check them out HERE

Please remember if you do contact them tell them where you saw them mentioned icon_smile_big.gif
Alan
You've just been moderated

Edited by - Trogg on 18 April 2002 12:00:25 PM

scouse

'River Man'
hi rob
you can buy starlights
you get two in a packet and a small sleeve
and all you do is put sleeve over float tip bend the starlight to activate it and put in sleeve they last about eight hours
dave (scouse)

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
there are 3 options available
1 as trogg said an electronic type requiring a battery
2) A beta light fitted to a drennen waggler. These lights come in various sizes and light outputs. If you choose this option then get the strongest size at least the 500 size. These are reusable and should last for up to 7 years.
3) A star light fitted to a waggler this is the cheapest option. Make sure you buy a size that will fit the float you intend to use. The down side to these is the life of approx 8 hours. A tip to increase the life of these is to freeze them after use. Assuming of course that the 8 hrs. hasnt elapsed. Freezing them stops the chemical reaction.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.