Floats for shallow pellet fishing

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
All I can do is cook and blag it on here 😂😂😂😂, I thought it was funny cos everyone’s jumped on @Me and my lad , to make floats 😂😂
I never really fish a jigga for carp , only F1,s, does it work for you ??
My error chefster, I didn't read the last line. Occasionally had a proper carp on Jigga but they wasn't my target fish

JLK

Each to their own I guess. I prefer a float with a short bristle and a fibre stem on the waters I fish as I get tangles fishing at 14.5m/16m with wire stemmed floats.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Blimey I got dragged out shopping by the boss and come back to red and white floats. Lots of Arsenal fans? Just like the players they go down easily?
I have plenty of the bodies, just got to wait for the wire. I made these in 2017 and they are still going strong. 20171206_205335.jpg

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
So, bit of an own goal posting this, as I’m sure there will be a range of opinions, but for those who fish pellets shallow, which floats do you use and why? It’s one of two aspects of my commercial fishing I want to improve this year and I never feel I have the right float on.

This is fishing for proper carp, not pellet lickers.
The smallest
So, bit of an own goal posting this, as I’m sure there will be a range of opinions, but for those who fish pellets shallow, which floats do you use and why? It’s one of two aspects of my commercial fishing I want to improve this year and I never feel I have the right float on.

This is fishing for proper carp, not pellet lickers.
I use small fibre glass stem floats ,same as margin float ,sometimes with the stem cut down . I dont bother about looking at the bristle for indications as the float just gets ripped under . Anything small will do with a bit of weight to it , an even heavier float like a 4x16 if im going to use a 6ft lash so i can swing it out easy ,stem and bristle cut down . A crystal dibber can work well ,lightly sanded body to take the shine off it .