Floats for shallow pellet fishing

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
See what I can do. Might be a while getting supplies from Bulgaria though. I will try and find a pic of my first efforts some 3 years ago

dave brittain 1

Chris I make my own with blue styro bodies in 0.2g and 0.4g with 1.7mm and 2mm tips perfect for shallow and down the side. If you want me to do you some for next time we're out, let me know.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chris I make my own with blue styro bodies in 0.2g and 0.4g with 1.7mm and 2mm tips perfect for shallow and down the side. If you want me to do you some for next time we're out, let me know.
Thanks Dave, if they are anything like the flies I see you tie, I’m sure they will be spot on.

JLK

I've fished at bank end loads of times.
However I've never fished that match lake at the back of the building but both the ones on the left and right as you drive in.
There's some big F1s in that place.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Why do you want wire Stems for fishing shallow for carp?
So not too much shot on the line for weight of float, sit straight up,make a really nice plop when slapping,and good for swinging about for mugging

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've fished at bank end loads of times.
However I've never fished that match lake at the back of the building but both the ones on the left and right as you drive in.
There's some big F1s in that place.
The pond on the left as you drive in has some really big carp in it. Too big for my gear. The one to the right is a lovely little pond. Nice for a few hours on a summers evening with it being surrounded by trees. I love the place I just wish the owner would care for the fish like Kev at Messingham sands does. All too often you see him and his lad throwing fish about after a match. Not nice. The anglers take more care of his fish than he does. 😩😩😡

dave brittain 1

Thanks Dave, if they are anything like the flies I see you tie, I’m sure they will be spot on.
Chris like the pellet wagglers I used to make which were used by Nathan Watson and Neil McKinnon, my floats are tailored for Viaduct, SM and Todber and any other big weight waters, however I only make them for myself now.

Attachments

• 20210123_145225.jpg
    20210123_145225.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210123_143653.jpg
    20210123_143653.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 16

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If its shallow, then dibber.
If its slapping, then i have seen enough to feel that the sound of the 'plink' is all important. So i make own from any broken pole floats i end up with or find. Pull out the stem and bristle, clear through a hole, sand down to a 10mm egg shape, small bit of rig tube glued through it, coat or two of gray paint, touch of flame orange to the top, coat of polyurethane varnish-job done. Mounted as a rig would normally be, but on 2m of line to give clearance from the pole and a couple of float stops either side of the 'float'. No weight, and loop to loop hooklength as normal.