Floating line

Little bear

When fishing with a pellet waggler i'm finding that my line floats on the surface and gets carried by any wind meaning my hook bait is moving away from any bait i catapult in.
Is there any tricks of the trade i could use to make it sink, i've looked at fluorocarbon line but i'd rather not have to spend money replacing all my line. Thanks.

Robwooly

Just flick the rod tip under the water and reel in a turn or two until it sinks, line is naturally bouyant when you start a session but once you got it under the water for a while it becomes less so, you can even get floating brands to remain under the water by doing this when fishing waggler

adriang

Site Supporter
Treat it with washing up liquid, that will make line sink naturally, I think by removing the surface tension. I've a clip on thingy (had it for years), that has a piece of sponge that is soaked with washing up liquid, so I clip it on the rod while fishing, cast out, and then reel in while the line goes through the sponge. (I've the same for making line float, loaded with vaseline).

If possible, over cast, and then reel in to position the float, but with the rod tip under the water. If you cannot over cast, its possible to put the tip under water and then flick it up quickly, it 'jerks' the line under the water.