floating fishing retard

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetems

Guys,

I always fish close in next to the lillies so when it got quiet I cast out but was incapable of hitting the stike (connecting with the fish). WTF? I was under the impression that (and this may be wrong):

cast out

rod tip under, 2 quick reels

tighten up anymore if necessary

wait for bite

strike

is this wrong?

Any help much appreciated

Dave

Trendy Angler

how deep was the water, how deep were you fishing? what bait?

Last edited:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Are you sure they're bites and not liners? Is the bait damaged? (if its maggot/caster)

If not this then try tweaking the presentation - depth, placement of last shot to the hook.

Also, what happens if you dont strike - how long to the float comes back up? If it's very brief they may not be proper bites.

The good news is that if the float goes under, you have fish in the swim, you just need to make a few tweaks to turn that into bites you can hit.

Cooky

if there are loads of fish in the swim i let the float go under and if its under more than a second or so strike

stemlfc

Steve
Make sure you're shoting the float down enough. The amount of anglers that complain about missed bites when they're float is like a buoy on the surface makes me say this response.

Tweak the presentation, deeper, shallower etc

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Originally posted by stemlfc

Make sure you're shoting the float down enough. The amount of anglers that complain about missed bites when they're float is like a buoy on the surface makes me say this response.

Tweak the presentation, deeper, shallower etc

this remonded me of anincident at a pond in Telford...

Was watching a lad fishing, he was casting his float in, sinking the line, watch the float settle, then disappear....strike nothing.

Happened about 10 times when I had to point out that the timing of the bite was always the same...

" yeah I know, amazing ain't it but iv'e only had 2 small roach...."

So I explained further that it might not be bites but overshotting [:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.