Floating Bait on the Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcurtis

Can anyone tell me any rigs to fish off the top with using a pole. Do you just use the same rigs as normal. Might be a daft question - but I am new to this pole fishing lark.

Cheers

Martin Curtis

Martin C

Gray Catchpole

depends what you are fishing for mcurtis, ive recently done a fair amount of fishing for Ide on the surface using the pole, and the only way i can catch them is using nothing but a hooklength of 10-12 inches,no float,no shot, caster does the job here, the fish are really touchy and even a tiny float offers to much resistance for them, feed very regular, every 15 seconds or so to build up the fishes confidence for a few mins, then introduce the pole.

if your going for carp use a small controller float with a good length between the float and floating bait, its great fun, experiment, let us know how you get on, and try everything you can think of.

Gray
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/flags/wales.gif

Last edited:

Polepot

Poles
Martin,

I fished Alders Farm on Sunday using Pellet up in the water but suffered badley with tangles I posted this on the forum and Peter Morton sugested I did not use a float, fust a length of line to mr hook bait. I tried this and found it to be effective and there were less tangles indeed the fish effectively hook themselves. So Thanks Pete and give it a try Martin

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nick,
Glad to hear that it worked for you.
It can be a devastatingly effective method when they are having it up in the water,[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.