Floaters Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

getfishing

Pete
I got down to my favourite little lake about about 9:30 and the carp were all on the top busy spawning. I was was already set up with a size 10 animal barbed with a bait band attached. I tied it on to my Gamma Copolymer 10lb line with a palomar knot. I then just put a pedigree mixer in the bait band and away I went. My rod was Greys Prodigy Specimen with the 1.5lb tc top section and the reel was a Shimano XTEA Super Baitrunner in the 5000 size.

Anyway onto the fishing, all the fish I caught were stalked, I found them sun bathing in the reeds a dropped my mixer right in front of their mouth so they only had to move 1 inch. I had a 6lb common, a 9lb common, a 11lb common and a 1lb tench. It's not very often you catch a tench off the top. I could have had a couple more but I struck when the fish swallowed it so a missed a couple. I've got to remember to wait for couple of seconds for the fish to wolf it back and then strike.

The photos are on photobucket and here is the link,
http://s1005.photobucket.com/home/getfishing

Last edited:

crusty

Good fishing Pete [:T]

I've got to remember to wait for couple of seconds for the fish to wolf it back and then strike.

When you see the lips around the bait say 'God save the king' then pick up the slack.

Try it [;)]

Ian

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Is the Queen dead!!
Nobody tells me anything!!

Hi Pete, "a size 10 animal barbed ", is this allowed on a lake?

getfishing

Pete
yep, there are no rules. it isn't a commie but they are only micro barbed and if the fish is unhooked right then there is no extra harm caused to the fish by using barbed. I just trust barbed hooks more especially getting decent fish out of reeds.

getfishing

Pete
Originally posted by crusty

Good fishing Pete [:T]

I've got to remember to wait for couple of seconds for the fish to wolf it back and then strike.

When you see the lips around the bait say 'God save the king' then pick up the slack.

Try it [;)]

Ian
I'll try that, thanks[:)]

Brute1981

Good fishing [:T]

I've never found the need to strike when fishing mixers/surface baits.

I usually use either a Fox bolt bubble or Nash bolt machine and as long as your hook is sharp and the point clear they normally hook themselves, I'll just wait for the line to zing away or the bait runner to start clicking then just pick up the rod and start playing them.

Last edited:

getfishing

Pete
Originally posted by Brute1981

Good fishing [:T]

I've never found the need to strike when fishing mixers/surface baits.

I usually use either a Fox bolt bubble or Nash bolt machine and as long as your hook is sharp and the point clear they normally hook themselves, I'll just wait for the line to zing away or the bait runner to start clicking then just pick up the rod and start playing them.
I freeline so no bolt rig but I am getting a fox bolt bubble in the small size for fishing a bit further out.

Status
Not open for further replies.