Float rod for silverfish to double figure carp

Dropon

A Cadence Cr 10 11ft number 2 may fit the bill. A11 ft rod would be more easily used by your son . Contact James Robbins at Cadence for more details/advise may also get a deal.
Perhaps your Normark would be ok but not as easily managed by a youngster.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
My son is 9 and he has a 10 foot Garbolino Strike match rod. Easily handles silvers and carp up to double-figures and only cost £35. If you want to buy expensive then obviously ignore this, but my boy loves it and always wants to use it- that’s good enough for me 🙂

scuttster

Site Supporter
My son is 9 and he has a 10 foot Garbolino Strike match rod. Easily handles silvers and carp up to double-figures and only cost £35. If you want to buy expensive then obviously ignore this, but my boy loves it and always wants to use it- that’s good enough for me 🙂
Good to see the Strike name still around somewhere. My first rod in the 80's was a Shakespeare Strike.

alsur

Site Supporter
I fished club lake last week normal waggler on my TDM pellet waggler rod, caught fish from 3 oz Roach to 5lb carp with lots of carp around 1lb mark. It handled all fish OK I've had carp to 21lb on it. Yes you could find rod better suited to bigger Carp or a rod better suited to smaller fish, but it's surprising how soft some pellet waggler rods are initial although they have power to handle bigger fish. As a compromise a pellet waggler rod is very good just make sure it's is a softer action one