float colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill G

Grandad
now i know the subject of colour blindness has come up before [im fated with it ] but what do you guys use to colour your float tops with to see them more clearly i use a black marker pen to turn them to black [obviously] but what do you use to colour them yellow ?

Larry

Lazarus
When i used to make my own floats i used to repaint the tip color with humbro model base white paint first the when it's dry you can repaint the tip yellow .

neneangling

Sensas do some float tip paints that come in a little bottle like tip ex, great stuff, lasts forever. they come in yellow, orange and black i think

Bill G

Grandad
hi graeme ive tried the sensas yellow i find it thickens the top too much and also it dries to uneven lumps and bumps all over the place doesnt look quite right . ive also tried the yellow bristle grease but that dont give enough colour

smartmart16

bill,have you tried yellow nail varnish.i'm colour blind also,my daughter was throwing some out so i tried it,it works a treat.

neneangling

Maybe try the drennan float sleeves then, they are just silicone tuning in yellow, red, black and they can be used to change the tip colour, but again they might make the tip a bit too large. Th sensas stuff is good if you dip the float tip in rather than us the brush, doesnt make the tip too big, all the best

ahammond

I generally just use the Drennan coloured tips. Black when there is a bit of chop on the water or in bright sunlight and yellow when there is a shadow from a tree or whatever.

cess monkey

It depends how thick the float tip is to start with.
For fine bristled pole floats i use silicone sleeves but on wagglers i use tip paints.
You can remove black marker ink with toothpaste to return your floats to their original colour.

stikflote

Site Supporter
try the drennan tuff floats they have interchangeable tips comw four red black orange yellow
very good floats

Status
Not open for further replies.