Float Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy_1978

Hi,

My currentl float box has finally given up the ghost have tried local tackle shops and some internet sites but can't locate another one after eith plastic or wood with the foam in to grip/protect the floats, any one know of anywhere online i can buy from.

Thanks
Matt
+ [:p]

Beebs

Hello mate. I made my own float box from a piece of ply wood and some pine baton from B&Q. It took about 1.5 hours to make and I think it looks the business. It's varnished, so it's hard wearing and has different sized insert compartments for different size floats, but if you can get hold of the foam and don't mind making it yourself, it costs pretty much nothing.

aliwil42

I think i remember seeing a box on floats direct... but i aint sure whether it was only available when you bought a selection of floats from them..... but i have also seen a few on ebay for sale...maybe worth a browse ?

hippy_1978

Hi,

Thanks for reply had thought of making one but my diy skill are not good, saw the ones on floats direct bu they come with floats, any more ideas anyone.

Thanks
matt
+

Williams912

Hi Matt
I brought a art set that came with a free wooden box,i then brought soom foam and it is as good as the 15 ones,it only cost 2-3pound to make.Anyway mate have you tried looking on ebay.

Good Fishin....Dave..

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Matt [:)]

You could try here:
https://secure.floatsonline.com/trad_floats/trad_floats1.htm#top

Of course if that's not what your looking for Bennets of Sheffield do them, they can be obtained in four different styles according to requirements.
Floats direct also do them and I believe you can choose your own floats to go in there.

Hope this helps you.

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced to Work
PM ME

ANJIEJON

hippy use a tube much easier and lighter

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Jon, yeah a tube may be quicker, easier and lighter, but the problem is that the floats kept in there tend to roll together and clatter about chipping the paint and breaking them.
Well this is what I've found anyway, I use the freebie one from Improve Your Coarse Fishing, and sticking foam in the ends doesn't help either. So I shall be seeing about getting one soon.

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced to Work
PM ME

ANJIEJON

bluey mainly use crstal floats and any that chip i repaint or throw im not realy into neat and tidy more fuctional jon

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Yeah I know what you mean Jon [:)]

I try for all I'm worth to keep my box tidy, and usually I can which means I can get a lot of kit in it, BUT I very often have extra hands who are not quite as careful, or tidy as me.[:(]
They often go wading in sending everything flying and wonder why I tell them off.[:p][;)]

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced to Work
PM ME

Larry

Lazarus
I got rid of my float boxes take up to much space &add extra weight in your tackle box i use tubes or winders with floats already set up on now.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.