Flies?......

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I know this sounds like Ive got nothing better to do with my time in the evenings, but....

When I got home from work today, I was sat having a cuppa in the living room, and noticed a fly buzzing round.

Being an odd sort, silly.gif I watched it for a few minutes[?]

I noticed that he flew round in circles, but never strayed much from the area he was in. About a foot below the light fitting in the ceiling.

It occured to me that its something they do quite alot.
Why do they seem to congregate around the lights, even when its brilliant sunshine and the lights switched off?

Is it something to do with the electrical field that is around the lights, or is it simply that its a fly thats been in my house for a few days and has learnt where the light is(apparently they are just as attracted to light as moths are, something to do with the moon etc) thinking.gif

i know, I know, on a day like this I should be out having an evening session on the bank, but I tried it last night and got scared of the lightning!![:0][:I]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
There s lots of people reading this....no replies though. I thought I was just being thick, but obviously its a tricky one lol!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by badpegpicker

There s lots of people reading this....no replies though. I thought I was just being thick, but obviously its a tricky one lol!

Perhaps I should write into Brainiac?[:0]

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
It may be something to do with a 2-second memory
or whatever it is that flies have.

"Oh this is nice I think I'll just fly a couple of circles
round here for a bit................Oh this is nice I think
I'll just fly a couple of circles round here for a bit.....
.....Oh this is nice" ....etc. ad infinitum. [:D]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Bit like fish then Muskie? lol

Mind you they didnt seem to keep doing that on saturday.

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
maybe its the same as with fish, its a feature in an otherwise barren surface where they feel safe? if you think about it kinda makes sence, being a security officer i get ALOT of time to just sit and watch cr*p like flies etc...lol

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
mmmmmm maybe

1) He's waiting to catch a thermal

2) He's waiting to have a race with Stirling Moth [V]

3) His left/right wing is stuck on a strand of cobweb and its the only direction he can fly in.

dirk

Site Supporter
Have you thought that the fly was thinking everytime I fly round this light that bloke keeps watching me [:p][:D]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by dirk

Have you thought that the fly was thinking everytime I fly round this light that bloke keeps watching me [:p][:D]

..."and he must be a slightly sad person if he's got nothing better to do than watch me fly round in circles". [:D][;)]

P.S. What do you call a fly with no wings?

A walk. [xx(]

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
It sounds as if flys are almost as much of a worry as Moths, the brilliant Jesper Carrot points out that they have all that brilliant light all day and you never see a single one and then the second it gets dark, on goes the reading light and there it is, fluttering round and round the lamp, all of its mates hammering on the window to get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.