Flies

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Not sure about flies but I've noticed a big increase of midges/mossies when fishing in the evening. They seem more aggressive, refuse to go away, a real nuisance, sucking the blood and life out of me, getting me down and stopping me fishing.........just like living with the ex wife!
I got absolutely assassinated by the bloody things last week, bitten loads of times, lumps and bumps all over. Following day l had a head like a novelty dildo ffs😡

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Normal flies I can put up with, they are huntable with a rolled up newspaper, actually quite an enjoyable actvity whe the dog joins in too

but those tiny little fruit flies are a nightmare, are they attracted to bananas as that seems to be the worst time I get them ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Those tiny little gnats/midges whatever you call them are there in their thousands on the weir. They like the bit underneath the peak on my baseball cap. I've found it distracting when trying to watch a quiver tip.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Anyone else noticed an unusual increase in the amount of flies this year?

I've seen in at home and also when we were in Wales a few weeks back. There seems to be a large number of particularly stupid and awkward ones that seem incapable of finding an open doorway through which to exit. Bizarre. You'd almost think there was a rotting corpse in the garden of something...
Ive been saying for ages, fly tipping is on the increase. :smash2:

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Don't suffer with them for long....40 watts of ultraviolet fly killer 👍👍

Although the "crack" when a big bluebottle gets it scares the hell out of my old Staffy

20210702_232154.jpg

Customer of mine, a printer of pharmaceutical packaging, had these things dotted all over their building.

Until they were doing a H & S risk assessment, and somebody noticed a fly on fire spiraling down through the air, and just missing a bucket full of meths-based ink. :oops:

The next day the zappers were replaced with sticky paper traps. :p