fleets dam

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Hi all,

Its that time of year again when i end up fishing different waters due to workmates up north choosing the water.It has been decreed that fleets dam in Barnsley is the venue on the 12th july.

Any tips, advice about depths, baits etc.

Is it method feeder,gb feeder,waggler, pole or other water.

TIA

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

wuffie

Was there last Sunday, had a mare, but with a bit of fine tuning could have troubled the scales.Its about 4ft and can be fished by any method, the most common being the method.This needs to be very strong as the 6lb hooklength never held one take.The way is to fish braid incorporating power gum absorber and a braided hooklength,dead red maggots on a 14.
Floating bread anchored on a running bomb fished just under the surface or just above the bottom sorts out the better stamp.
Catfood on the pole at 12mts won our match but bites were at a premium.On Sundays you have to be off the bank by 3 o clock for the open match to start.

norm

I HATE THE BLOODY PLACE

IHAVE HAD A FEW MATCHES ON IT

AND BLANKED EVERY TIME

I HAVE FOUND THE SAME PEGS WIN EVERY TIME.

(IN THE REEDS)

ON THE FAR SIDE

SO I WILL NOT BE GOING AGAIN

SEE YAS LATER
NORM

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Can you catch closer in than the 12m.

Hoping to catch there towards the end of the match.

Does the method ball need to hard or soft.How long hooklengths.

What about the bagging waggler.

Keith.

MALC

Keith,

May be of help thefollowing is in this months Angling Star
quote:Carp and Skimmers showing in bags to 70lb+, Stockies/Skimmers and odd Tench on pole line in mornings.
Afternoons carp on pole line with fish to double fiqures.
Feeding needs to be tight not spread and little and often with Pellet and Corn.
Method worth a try.
Bread working ie. punch/hair rigged popped up just below the surface with liqy on frame feeder not method mix.

Hope that helps.
Will bring paper on Saturday so you can check it out.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scouse

'River Man'
hi keith
if you get this months match fishing
there is a article in depth on fleets dam
the hot pegs are 16/17/25/26/27/34/35-45
its on page 116
hope this helps

dave
scouse

paul

Hi Keith, Use a soft mix for the method,no particles either.In fact,I riddle my groundbait to remove any large particles.The days of hard groundbait loaded with goodies for the method are long gone at the Fleets,the only particle you want them to find is the one with your hook in it!Another variation of the method is to use liquidised bread round the feeder and a popped up crust,vary the hooklength from just above the feeder (3-4")to just under the surface till you find the length that works.The hook length I use for the conventional method feeder is about 3".For the pole I usually feed at 11m and occasionally go out to 12m if I'm searching around.Sometimes the fish back off the feed a little and going out another section puts you back in touch,but don't feed beyond the original 11m line,even if you catch further out.If you fish with pellet,feed it like you would feed caster for Roach.If you feed too much pellets you'll end up getting linered to death and foulhooked fish.I don't think the bagging waggler has been tried all that much here,if it works I think we would heard about it by now.As for the inside line,if it looks fishy (rushes,or an overhanging tree)then feed it,you never know,it could throw up a couple of lumps in the last hour,it's worked often enough for me in the past.Hope this helps,good luck mate!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Cheers all and thanks for the advice.

I will be trying the bread approach as someone else told me this.Good info on the pole lines though.did not realise this.Method similar to down here.
will get this months match fishing when i go to the shop in the morning.

Thanks again one and all.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.