Fleece lined trousers

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Fleece lined trousers :-
What make would any one recommend ?
I have seen Craghoppers Men's Kiwi Winter Lined Trousers on Amazon but reviews are mixed.

Paul

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Craghoppers are good... I had a pair for years, then they shrunk... oddly...? but nowadays I feel the cold more, so I just wear a pair of joggers under a pair of combats... warm and toasty, if it rains I have waterproofs

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

ukzero1

Site Supporter
How durable are these peter?

They're not too bad really, when you consider I'm up against brambles and the like, no rips or holes yet. Don't get me wrong, they're not up there with the top brands etc. but who wants the labels when you're down on a couple of lakes sorting out pegs etc. they do the job for me.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have a few pairs of the craghoppers and they are quite good, they have a little bit of stretch in the material so they are also very comfy, must say until my daughter did her year of work experience during her degree as part of the design team at craghoppers I just used to wear a base layer under normal combats but I think the fleece lined ones work better unless it is really cold then it's merino wool and thick walking trousers.....I do miss Beth working at craghoppers, I got a few jackets and trousers free as they couldn't sell the pre production samples

johng19

me@home.com
I bought a pair of these for doing my rounds at the club lakes, and have to say they're really warm.

They look like just the thing, how bulky are they. For under your waterproofs.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
They look like just the thing, how bulky are they. For under your waterproofs.

Not bulky at all to be honest, but don't put boots/shoes on first because they'll get caught up in the fleece lining.

SteveAmo

I went to a local shopping mail and in one of the well known “outdoor clothing stores” I got a pair of soft shell lined trousers a couple of winters ago and they are absolutely brilliant once the first frosts arrive. Generally wear them from November through to March time and one of the best fishing clothing buys I’ve done.

Think I paid £25 or £30 for them in the sale when they should have £75 to £80.

Go and have a look in your local shops.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wear the lined Craghoppers in winter and the unlined in summer, comfy, practical, plenty of pockets, what more could you want.

John Step

Site Supporter
I prefer layers added if and when needed. I have a thermal long john when it gets cold with joggers over them under a bib and brace.
I have Retex unlined bib and brace for this time of year but can substitute them for a Retex thermal lined bib and brace if it gets really cold.
(Retex marketed by Daiwa)

No matter what I wear in the freezing weather my knees seem to get cold sitting on my seat. I remedy this by putting my fishing towel over my thighs band knees. Works a treat.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
CH for me, wear them for my winter fishing and my hiking but still wear some long johns if im fishing for a week

rudd

Site Supporter
I wear the lined Craghoppers in winter and the unlined in summer, comfy, practical, plenty of pockets, what more could you want.
Snap, I also have several pairs of both for waliking in.
For fishing - Diem jogging bottoms with crivit longjong merino under and bib/brace or ESP drenchwear over the top depending on weather/temp.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Craghoppers are good... I had a pair for years, then they shrunk... oddly...? but nowadays I feel the cold more, so I just wear a pair of joggers under a pair of combats... warm and toasty, if it rains I have waterproofs
Shrunk!! Are you sure it wasn't just a nubile young female walking past:p:p