Flavours & Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Come on then lets hear all your favourite Flavours and Additives that you all use.
Personaly i love to play around with them and over the years have tried most some with success and others not so good.
Here's a few that i've used with success:

Monster Crab--Carp and Bream love this flavour mainly in the summer.

Bannana--Bream seem to like this in the winter.

Green Lipped Mussel--Great for Carp and Tench in the summer and Bream in the winter.

Garlic--Gudgeon on the canal go crazy for this.

Maple Cream--Great for Tench.

The above are just some of the flavours that i use on a regular basis.

Malc

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Alright then Malc,
Now I know you use additives and the like and i like you try to dabble to various degrees.
With meat i coat it in activ8 and dust with sillybait.

Corn i like tutti frutti and fish sprays in various forms.

Maggot with blackcurrant capri sun either as floaters or dead.

thats some to go on with before we meet again.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Malc,

Here's a good one that not many people know about but works extremely well for bream, small carp and occasionally roach:

Vanilla Essence - y'know the Super-Cook variety that you can find on supermarket shelves.
Add about half a bottle to two pints of maggots in a tub, give them a good shake to coat them all well and leave to dry. If they start to climb just put a sprinkling of 'dust' around the edges. But don't tell anyone I told you though

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I'm a fan of Archie Braddocks flavours. I add Mega Spicy to my hemp when soaking and boiling. Hook baits ie meat and corn are flavoured with his Tench or barbel magic or spice suprise. All my corn is dyed red to, for use on the hook. Tench magic is good for tench,crucians and carp. The other 2 I use for chub and barbel. John

chill out go fishing

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
curry powder(SPICY)
for big PERCH perch love it
regards GF
thanx for the vanilla essence one dave

g.sutcliffe

jel

HI MALC.

I'VE TRIED QUITE A FEW FLAVOURS AND ADDITIVES WITH VARIOUS BAITS, NEVER REALLY HAD MUCH LUCK. THE ONLY FLAVOURING I'VE CAUGHT ANYTHING WITH WAS ESSENTIAL (GARLIC SAUSAGE) THAT WAS SOAKED AND FROZEN OVER NIGHT WITH LUNCHEON MEAT. THE FISH THAT I CAUGHT WAS NOT WORTH MENTIONING IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. STILL I ENJOY USING FLAVOURS AND ADDITIVES BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW!

CHEERS
JEL

j white

AlexR

i have never used any additives at all... do u think they really make much difference or does it just help with confidence??

;)

paul mc

Hi all
in summer i always use dried blood or molasses in my groundbait for tench, small perch are also seem to be attracted to the dry blood as well. Another one i sometimes use for barbel is tumeric on my maggots

Regards Paul Mc

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
idea.gif
Do you know any serious carp anglers?
If you do,ask them which flavours produce most response from so called "Nuisance" fish,it can be very revealing.
Most of the Carp boys have delved into the world of flavourings & additives a lot deeper than the average angler.
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.