Flat pear leads.

Chris.b

Hi all. Is there anyone on here that makes Small leads?
I’ve been spending a bit of time fishing a local small river I’ve tried link ledger but need at least 5-6 swan shot to anywhere near hold bottom.
I’ve been using guru 10g and 15g flat pears which work well but the river is a tackle grave yard. 😂
I’m after either flat pear or gripper style leads.
Any help would be appreciated. 😉

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Chris B

The smallest I make are 1oz inline cube leads. The problem is getting hold of the molds to make 1oz flat pear shaped. I also make 2oz inline flat pear shaped leads.
I can send you a sample if you want to try them.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I make my own but they're not really viable to sell as they're not pretty and there's no profit in it, you would be better off buying bulk off ebay.
You can get 10 flat pears for around £10.
Or buy some lead, make a wood mould and make them yourself.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't make my own but picked up a few from the Big One Show for a reasonable price from this company.

Before I got those I was going to use this company.

edit: Whoops - just saw you want Small leads. Difficult to find I think.

AlanH

Nobody better than John in my opinion.

runningman

My river is the same . I started to use plasticine wrapped around swivel you can adjust the weight to just hold the bottom. 500 grams will cost about 6 pounds. I have had no drop off in catch rate because I hardly catch anything.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
It's lead.... take a hammer to it... lead is soft enough to be battered flat....

buygoodtackle

Try using plastacine moulded around a swivel bead. You can make the weight as heavy or as light as you need very quickly and form it into a "flat" lead or any shape you want. I tend to mix 3 or 4 colours together and once you have it formed around the bead it will go harder once in the water. The bonus is if you get snagged the plastacine will pull off and you can mould a new lot on. A pack will last ages and costs about 60p

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Baby potatoes, bit of garden wire bent like a hairpin with swivel attached, push thro spud bend ends to fix in place. Will pull off if snagged.