Flagging Party - you're all invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

Here's an invitation to you all to a 'Flagging Party' at my house icon_smile_big.gif

Between now and next Tuesday I have to lay 30 3foot x 2foot flags, build a small wall and clear all the rubbish so I thought it would be a good idea to invite you all over to give a hand, ya know you want to icon_smile_tongue.gif

When: This Friday & Next Sunday
Where: Chez Webbo

Don't worry about the flags, I'll provide them icon_smile_big.gif

Cheers all, I know I can count on you icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif, Dave icon_smile_tongue.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
David!!!!!!
You know I gotta get to Izaaks for 5.30 am saturday!!

You trying to see the curse off!!

How about next monday? Its only a lousy roads crowded Bank Holiday!
Happy for tuesday/weds/thurs,
Let me know!

Trev

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

Edited by - Ziptrev on 27 March 2002 8:22:44 PM

G

OOOPS sorry Dave i thought you said flogging party devil-king.gif oooo my bad back[LoL}
beer-toast1.gif Toma

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
OOOPS sorry Dave i thought you said flogging party devil-king.gif oooo my bad back[LoL}
beer-toast1.gif Toma

Yes toma I was thinking kinky as well LOL

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Did a deal wiv me ma on sunday.
She did my shift (14hrs LOL) & i'd lay the 2x2 slabs in her front garden, took me 4 hrs to clear the garden, dig the soil over, lay the sand & then the slabs.

Why are you asking for help?? i fought you was an ard norven chappy type bloke icon_smile_big.gif (ahem you could always blackmail Stu) icon_smile_wink.gif

Guess what? Dian has now decided that we ought to slab half our front lawn icon_smile_sad.gif bloody wimmin

Alan
You've just been moderated

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

Guess what? Dian has now decided that we ought to slab half our front lawn icon_smile_sad.gif bloody wimmin

Alan
You've just been moderated

OOops late for work.

Trogg

In a previous failed marriage, she used to moan at me for not mowing the lawn. I actually volunterred to dig up the whole damn thing, lay concrete and paint it green. Would look like a lawn and would save mowing. LOL. But no she wanted a lawn. I told her you want a lawn = you mow it.

As you can guess marriage did not last too long after that.

But then DO I CARE. (not a lot)

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Del-J

' Victor '
One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was.

The first time the little woman asks you to do any of those silly jobs, you know the ones I mean, do it straight away and quite happily. This way you make the right impression, BUT make a mess of it. If this method is done propely they never, never ask you again they just do it themselves and leave you free to do the importent things like fishing and going to the pub ect. littleangel.gif DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey thanks for the offers everyone they're flooding in icon_smile_big.gif lol

The garden and driveway looks a mess, the footings are in for the wall and there's mud across the hall carpet. Looks like the job is well under way icon_smile.gif
Wall up tomorrow, area cleared and levelled and hopefully a few flags in place.
Fishing Saturday WaHey - can't remember where now, just know that we've go to cross onto the wrong side of the Pennines icon_smile_wink.gif
Finish flagging Sunday and tidy up thumbsup.gif

Ceya Saturday, Dave

david platt

Fusilier
quote:
Hey thanks for the offers everyone they're flooding in icon_smile_big.gif lol
The garden and driveway looks a mess, the footings are in for the wall and there's mud across the hall carpet. Looks like the job is well under way icon_smile.gif
Wall up tomorrow, area cleared and levelled and hopefully a few flags in place.
Fishing Saturday WaHey - can't remember where now, just know that we've go to cross onto the wrong side of the Pennines icon_smile_wink.gif
Finish flagging Sunday and tidy up thumbsup.gif

Ceya Saturday, Dave

Hi Dave,
Just finished the Decorating, only got the Garden to Flag, just read your post,if your coming over to the wrong side of the pennines, you might just aswell help me with my flagging,save you going fishing
cause you never catch owt, so Ive been toldicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_tongue.gif
david

lanc

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well the last flag has gone down and yes you've guessed it - it broke icon_smile.gif
The drive looks well though even if I do say so myself icon_smile_big.gif, I've just got to go and buy a replacement now to fill in the one space left.

David, anytime you want a hand give me a shout mate and I'll gladly help you with advice lol, I can just picture it now, your garden covered in YORKSHIRE STONE tongue.gif

Dave

Larry

Lazarus
Well Dave&All,
Ive told the wife i'll tidy the back garden up &start finishing the landscaping i started when it was interupted when i broke my arm last August.She doesn't know iv'e looked at the weather forecast for tommorrow &it's forecast rain, so hopefully it will & i'll be able to sit in front of the telly & watch the football on Sky via Tellywest's Cable. Iv'e just bought 8 tin's of Caffrey's on special from the local shop + 2 free Caffrey's Pint glass's for a fiver

Cheer's Larry

Larry

Lazarus
Looks my wish as came true it's chucking it down with fine drizzle type rain ,so the wife say's no gardening today,i asked her if she wanted to go round the garden centres for some ideas ,she said NO, SHE'D JUST MESS ROUND THE HOUSE SO THAT'S SAVED ME A LOT OF MONEY AS WELL .WELL HERE COME'S THE FOOTBALL

Cheer's Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.