flag of st george banned in bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodring

Account Locked
bolton at home housing group have banned the flying of the flag on all company vehicles and cars used by their employees, even there own cars in case it causes an offence. speaking as a scot living in bolton it doesn't offend me .throughout the course of this world cup i shall be as usual supporting A.B.E.[}:)] YOU CAN ALL FLY YOUR FLAG FOR A WEEK IT DOESN'T OFFEND ME ONE LITTLE BIT[;)][;)][;)][:W][:W][:W][:W][:D][:D][:D]

Dannysdad

Guv
.....and just who, exactly, is going to stop you doing whatever the hell you want to do to your OWN vehicle as long as it was legal? Can you imagine the Industrial Tribunal? "So Mr Bolton manager, let me get this right.....you sacked Mr Bolton worker because he had a flag on his own car"?

Next!

john83

Account Locked
another ABE here, I go on holiday on saturday, pity as i was going to put a yank flag in my window [:D][:p]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Originally posted by john83

another ABE here, I go on holiday on saturday, pity as i was going to put a yank flag in my window [:D][:p]

2lwnq7q.jpg

Salt, Rub, Wound [:D][:p]

Eric The Red

any A.B.E who live in England should be deported , if its good enough to live in you should support the lads who are representing us in a world tournament, i wanted scotlnd, ireland's and wales all to go to the tournament and only loose when England played them.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Surely its a TREASONABLE OFFENCE to ban the flying of the NATIONAL flag

hang the b'stards, hang em I say [:(!]

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have never understood bigging up your homeland (England, Scotland, Cornwall etc.) and then moving away to live elsewhere. Any ABE's living in England, or English ex-pats care to explain?

And remember Andy Murray saying a few years ago that he didn't want/need the support of the English? Happy to oblige.

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
And remember Andy Murray saying a few years ago that he didn't want/need the support of the English? Happy to oblige.

Don't be so silly mate, when & where did he say that, he be pretty stupid when the majority of his support is non Scotch[;)]

Murray identifies himself primarily as "Scottish, but also British". Prior to Wimbledon 2006, Murray caused some public debate when he was quoted as saying he would "support anyone but England" at the 2006 World Cup. He received large amounts of hate mail on his website as a result. It was also reported (incorrectly, it turned out) that Murray had worn a Paraguay shirt on the day of England's World Cup match with the South American team.

Murray explained that his comments were said in jest during a light-hearted interview with sports columnist Des Kelly, who asked him if he would be supporting Scotland in the World Cup, in the knowledge that Scotland had failed to qualify for the tournament. Kelly stated another tabloid had later "lifted a couple of them comments into a 'story' that took on a life of its own and from there the truth was lost" and that he despaired over the "nonsensical criticism".

Murray protested that he is "not anti-English and never was" and he expressed disappointment over England's subsequent elimination by Portugal. In an interview with Nicky Campbell on BBC Radio 5 Live, Tim Henman confirmed that the remarks had been made in jest and were only in response to Murray being teased by Kelly and Henman. He also stated that the rumour that Murray had worn a Paraguay shirt was untrue.

In an interview with Gabby Logan for the BBC's Inside Sport programme, Murray said that he was both Scottish and British and was comfortable and happy with his British identity. He said he saw no conflict between the two and was equally proud of them. He has also pointed out that he is quarter English with some of his family originating from Newcastle, his coach is Scottish and that his then girlfriend, Kim Sears, is English.

Murray was often seen donning wristbands bearing the insignia of the flag of Scotland in his early career.

He's a Scot for gods sake, of course he's going to want any opposition to beat England, nothing wrong with that in my opinion, it's what makes our love/hate relationship good[:D]

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

I have never understood bigging up your homeland (England, Scotland, Cornwall etc.) and then moving away to live elsewhere. Any ABE's living in England, or English ex-pats care to explain?

99.9% of A.B.E'S do it to get a reaction like yours[;)][;)]but i could be the odd 1% that actually means it[}:)][}:)].

Juzzy

YORKSHIRE BAITS UK
1976 Race Relations Act and Banning of English Identity
1976 Race Relations Act and Banning of English Identity

Anyone, attempting to ban YOU displaying your English Identity with an English Flag or England Shirt is acting contrary to the 1976 Race Relations Act - Get their name and address, details of the incident and then send to the English Democrats - you may win up to 25,000 - some of which hopefully you will donate to the English Democrats !!!!!!!

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Originally posted by b12ady

wot is an A.B.E thanks

Any One but England

I lived in Aberdeenshire for a few years and i was called all sorts like F.E.B. F*****g English B*****d, Guffy B*****d etc, etc. I got a few slaps and a bent nose etc but it didnt bother me, it was to be expected, i was a young man (20s), i never looked for it but when you go to little fishing villages like Fraserbrough or Perterhead you stand out like a sore thumb and the locals like to have a pop, especially when your carrying on with the available tallent, it was life. I lived in Peterhead for 2-1/2 years, it was great once i settled. I used to tell them that somebody needed to show them how to do it (working as a pipefitter at St Fergus Gas Terminal, the rigs and in the fabrication shops). It took me me a while but they got used to me and i lived there for about 12 years on and off, when they ignore you is when you have a problem, but i can honestly say that i got slagged for being English the entire time i was there.

I actually live in the Bolton area now and there was some rioting the other week caused by the police stupidly allowing 2 demonstrations on a the same saturday (Local nationalist and the asians) thats probably the issue. Fighting, stabbings, burnt out cars, about 60 arrests etc.

I work in the middle east at the moment, im away for about a week each month and the intollerance of foreigners and foreign culture is shocking. For example, you cannot bring a bible or other religious artifact into Saudi Arabia, its against the law. You cannot speak to a woman if you are not married or related, you need to walk around with your wedding certificate, its no joke. You dont have rights as an ex pat you just have to fit in, abide by the rules and watch your back. Not like the UK, we shouldnt let people take away our national identity.

Dont get me wrong, i am no racisit or fanatical nationalist but i belive non English coming to England should remember they are in England which is very tollerant and free in the sence that you can do whatever you like within the law. Moaning about us putting up a St Georges Cross shouldnt even enter a debate.

ABE - No problem with that, makes any sucess sweeter. Now anybody but germany is a good club, they bombed our chippy[:D]

paulod

Site Supporter
For me, the problem is it gets a bit close to Nationalism. Now I know flags are usually flown good naturedly and with the best of intentions, but history is littered with conflicts that are/were at root ethnic groups stating their right to be different and separate.
I know most MD'ers are pro flag waving, (at least most of the ones who put up posts), so I'm expecting a few (!) comments.
I'd just say that good human qualities ought to be universal. Have us English got more than anyone else?
Right, I've said my bit, I'm not saying anything else. Have a good day and come on England! (Oh yes, I can't watch tonight's game, Sandra's mother's fallen and broken her hip, so it's 6pm till 8pm at James Cook Hospital, then an hours drive back.)[:W]

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by b12ady

wot is an A.B.E thanks
anybody but england .i have no problem with the english or england lived here for most of my life.
i have been called all sorts doesn't bother me except every four years or so when usually sane and rational people go all nationalistic. usually after a few sherberts and start questioning my national identity and parentage and because i live here i should support the english football team. i work for a living in england, pay my taxes in england ,abide by the law of the land in england but that's asking to much. now where is that film by that australian bloke.[;)]

john83

Account Locked
born in ireland, grew up in england, just banter, i wish england all the best. [;)]

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Originally posted by Paul od

I'd just say that good human qualities ought to be universal.
[:W]

Well they certainly are not. We are very tollerant and often submissive, it isnt even politically correct to use the statement political correctness anymore.

My experiences with the jocks was 95% craic. Some cant take it though and dont see it as what it is and cry racist.

Like i say, go to Saudi and see how much they care about your beliefs and customs. I worked in Africa for 12 months when i was in the oil and gas game, i was in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. You know all those cloths you give away, well they were being sold on markets, not given. The market was also the place where we could buy most of our gear back from also i may add. I saw extreame poverty over there and corruption. We used to get pulled by every copper for no reason, just a bung. Fridays were the worst when they wanted beer money. After 6 months i used to just drive past them but when they caught up with you you paid twice. Guns in the face, delays due to not having enough money for them, problems getting in and out of the country, etc, etc. In allot of developing nations you will find that they dont think anything like the way we do. Life is cheap and money talks.

The latest incident was today. I had an appointment on a petrochemical complex in Jubail Saudi Arabia. They have check point before you get near the gates and usually a quick look at you passport is enough. Got to the check point and the soldier couldnt speak a word of English (many of the expats in Saudi are Indian and Philipino and most of them cant speak Arabic Either before we go down the ignorant english route. Most engineering contracts state that the English language should be used and as much of the equipment is sourced from Europe and the states and that most of the Engineering/Consultancy is English, European, Japanese, Korean, American and Canadian they get plenty of English speaking visitors). Turned us away point blank. We turned around in the motor, drove out of view and did a U turn and proceeded to the other check point. No problem, straight through. My point is that there is no consistency, its all down to the way they feel on the day and if they think they are intimidating you, all the better. Nobody really gets that from the English plod do they, ours dont even carry shooters.

No place like England and i belive the St Georges Cross is being flown above Downing St today which is a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.