Fladen

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiranrussell

ive noticed in incredible cheapness of the fladen tackle such as 29p floats, 3 pound shot dispensers, 89p for 20 hooks and the rest of it, im not expecting brilliant quality i dont expect it to be like drennen but is the gear even worth using before i dabble in buying it.

bezz120

You get what you pay for,had the sea rigs by them but they didnt stop sharp for long.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think like everything, it depends on:

a) what the actual item is, and
b) what do you want from it?

I have some of their pike lures and they're absolutely fine

keiranrussell

just some of the smaller hooks for fishing the ponds and rivers, i have some more expensive hook i use on matches to get the best effect and there floats and shots is my main look

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
If any of those tackles you mention are as good as their beach casting rod.....don't bother
roflmao_.gif

A few years ago,a mate of mine bought a cheap Fladen beach rod.Asking me to cast out for him as he's new to sea fishing.I snapped the rod in 3 peices on the cast with only a 5oz lead but the rod was supposed to be casting 6-8oz
roflmao_.gif
He has to take the rod back to the tackle shop,paid more money for a better Abu rod[:D]

But yet,some of their accessories are ok such as floatation suits,digital scales...ect...

keiranrussell

hmm so maybe invest in tackle bits and pieces but stick to my better rods [:D] also theres alot of fladen gear in boys and ive just noticed half of its shakespeare too

apsy2

apsy2
there wagglers fall to pieces after a few chucks,no wonder you can get 50 for a fiver on ebay!!!!

sporty

Site Supporter
yeah i used their 12ft beachcaster and it snapped in three places when i attempted a pendulum cast,southend,clacton and brighton

Sir_fishalot

One of my mates bought some hooks to nylon from fladen. They were absolutely terrible. He kept missing bites and when he did eventually catch one it straightened the hook.
Maybe they do better pike gear. I have used a few of their traces and they seem to be fine.
I find middy and drennan fine for the cheaper end of the market.
I mainly fish for carp now and seem to spend a fortune on hooks. You realise how sharp they are when they come in contact with your finger....Ouch!!

Captainswoop

Some of their bits are generic itmes also badged and sold by the 'better' companies, they all obviously use the same manufacturers in China. Other items are terrible.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by keiranrussell

ive noticed in incredible cheapness of the fladen tackle
Have you been browsing in your local branch of Boyes?

Have you noticed that very, very few 'proper' well-stocked tackle shops sell the stuff?[;)]
I'm sure it's not 'cos Fladen won't sell to them but more likely tackle shops don't want to buy it 'cos they don't want the hassle of dealing with all the subsequent complaints.

Simon

Captainswoop

Boyes in Guuisborough have the Fladenrange. They have some Shakespeare and Abu Garcia as well.
In the my local tackle shop the guy who owns it told me that Fladen will let anyone stock it, they don't discriminate as long as you buy the minimum stock.
I have seen it in a couple of Garden Centres and a couple of hardware Shops as well.

getfishing

Pete
Just stick with drennan, kamasan etc hookwise, hooks are one of the most important parts of your tackle, along with your line

mattyts

my friend has a fladen reel,all black and made from graphite,its good only 1 bearing and loads of backlash not bad for a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.