flabber ghasted !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
there are times when even I become flabberghasted

you think your helping someone out in thier search for certain pieces of tackle

in fact, you add more to the bundle, that is not only given for free, but you pay the postage to the person involved as well

only to get an e-mail a few days later, not saying thanks, but moaning that 3 floats out of the bundle of miscellaneous items (including the rod they first were searching for) were broken and no use

kinda kicks you in the balls

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Tell them you'll give them a refund on the extra items (which were free). Which is erm..........sod all.

Zerkalo

You've gone out of your way to help, can only imagine how you'd feel to get a reply like that!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Yes the bloke is ungrateful and bang out of order but surely the issue is between him and Mick and by naming him all we will see is a witch hunt on here.
And we all know how some thrive on that.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
there will be no issue on this site between the recipient and myself Lee

I have made clear in my reply to the e-mail my feelings as to matter

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Mick I knew that would be your response (y)and I have felt your pain myself a couple of times on here where I have made a fair bit of effort to phone around and even driven places to get info for others and then even after PM'ing or posting get no response.
Some people are the way they are and in some circumstances I would agree that name & shame is the way to go.
This though IMO is not one of them and will only just cause future tension.

All a nice gesture on your part and it's sad it went that way.

lp1886

This is why I no longer offer tackle for free. I would much rather throw it in the bin than get told ‘it’s a bit tatty’.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Been there done that even on here sometimes yer better not bothering Mick mate .

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Mick, pleased to say that the people I have helped with free floats and other tackle have always been appreciative, it is a pity not everybody is like that.

DFL

Site Supporter
We seem to live in an increasingly gimme, gimme ungracious society, don’t give up on humanity Mick, still a few gooduns about.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Going on things then,I would ecstatically and wonderfully appreciate a silver Shimano 5000 bait runner ???

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Going on things then,I would ecstatically and wonderfully appreciate a silver Shimano 5000 bait runner ???

The 6000 is better, but I've only got 4 of those. Sorry. :ROFLMAO: