• 'TOMMY PICKERING - BORN TO WIN' COMPETITION

7 x Signed Hardback copies of 'Tommy Pickering's Autobiography - Born to Win' to be won
    And if that's not enough - A Maggotdrowning Sticker to go with each one !
    CLICK HERE TO ENTER

(Click the X on the top-right to close this notice)

Fjuka shapers

rudd

Site Supporter
Anyone tried these, have advice on them or any details?

Receieved a free sample pack in post 1555436794248588922911.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then give us a clue, what are they?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
A cross between a wafter and soft hooker?

• The Revolutionary new hookbait pellets by Fjuka Bait Ltd.
  • Hyper fluorescent for more bites - Loaded with Sensate(c) attractor
  • Soft with perfect hook-hold - Simply hook or mould onto hair rigs, bait bands, stops, cages.
  • Super attractive to all species - Tested and proven match winner - For carp, silverfish, bream, tench and all coarse species - Great results on lakes, rivers and canals
  • Supplied in a handy eco friendly biodegradable & compostable 30g resealable pot
A bait Irresistible to carp, silver fish and specimen fish it’s the biggest bait innovation since the maggot. Forget drills, bands and spikes – join the Fjuka revolution.
The brains behind Fjuka 2in1 Bait is the elusive David Preston. Tackle genius Preston is the founder of some of Europe’s largest fishing brands and the inventor of many industry standards.

The words "Tested and proven match winner..." Tested where? and by who? Yet another way to empty the poor anglers pocket.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah, I was going to PM fishingmad123 and ask him :D

rudd

Site Supporter
From here...

The other thing that I've just noticed, there's no size marked on the tub.
It was conx2 who sent them in with an order placed on amazon for some other bait, maybe they will be uk distributor?

Are these new out? Never heard of them until I opened delivery this evening.

approx 6mm in size
Rubbery texture (no really - thank you)
Can squash into a disc or mould.
Smell - sweet and sour with fishy notes!

Will try on hook at somepoint, most likely will use to tip off a boilie.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
approx 6mm in size
Rubbery texture (no really - thank you)
Can squash into a disc or mould.
Smell - sweet and sour with fishy notes!

Will try on hook at somepoint, most likely will use to tip off a boilie.

Thanks for that. :upthumb:
Well, out of curiosity, I've sent for a tub because I had the same thought. I sent for the orange ones looking at tipping off boilies but I was wondering if there's a different smell as to colours because there's nothing in the description.

rudd

Site Supporter
Thanks for that. :upthumb:
Well, out of curiosity, I've sent for a tub because I had the same thought. I sent for the orange ones looking at tipping off boilies but I was wondering if there's a different smell as to colours because there's nothing in the description.
The samples pack has mixed colours and one smell.

Hope these are better than JPZ!!! Still have some of them left (actually two pots) 😁

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Well, my Shapers arrived this morning, and the lack of info on the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. No size, no target species, no set of ingredients and nothing to say if they're amino or anything...

The colour though is something else, yes, they really are fluorescent orange...

Will see how they perform on Monday.

Total

Site Supporter
@ukzero1 .....They are bright. :cool:.....What would you say is the average size (Diameter) of them Pete? Thank you. (y)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Total

I'd have a guess at 6mm, won't be far off. As for being adaptable, yes they are. Cut one into 4 pieces and roll them into mini pellet (feed) and a full one on the hook, should be ok. But take just 1 of those 4 pieces and you can form it into a fluro maggot. Roll a full one into a ball and you have a mini boilie. As for smell, I can't pin it down but I can smell a hint of chilli in with it.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Just updating this one.

I tried them today on waggler, hair rig, direct to hook on feeder and the verdict is?....didn't catch a thing on them. Now I'm not saying they won't (or will) work on the venues you go to, but they certainly don't work on the clubs waters. Total waste of money for me.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Did you catch on other baits on the same line?:unsure:

Certainly did. I took that orange thing off, went on maggot and got a Bream the first cast. Swapped maggot to orange thing...nothing, back again to maggot and was on the Roach.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
These things kept popping up on Amazon when i was shopping for other baits, glad i didn't waste my money.

Also check this guy out, seems to be catching on them but i'm guessing that's a massively stuffed commercial. Also paid review methinks?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
These things kept popping up on Amazon when i was shopping for other baits, glad i didn't waste my money.

Also check this guy out, seems to be catching on them but i'm guessing that's a massively stuffed commercial. Also paid review methinks?

There is also another question to be asked. How many days has he spent baiting up with them? I spent 3 or 4 days baiting up with the other bait from Fjuka and didn't even get a bite (read higher up to see what happened from #14). I certainly won't be wasting my money on them.