Fjuka bait

Fishinmaddad

What I don't understand is the rrp is £1.99 a bag yet on evil bay they a nearly a fiver? Wtf

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I had a free pack of white 2in1 as part of an Angling Direct child’s starter kit (4m whip, rig & bait).

Used them on the small lake at our holiday let, Neville park lake and yesterday on the Medway - caught on all 3 venues: carp & roach on first venue, carp on second and roach & bleak on the river.

Neville Park fish will take anything, all very small fish out of the river where a change to caster saw much better fish.

They work but there are better baits on the venues I fish.

Karl

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Might be just the way I tend to look at things

But, when a firm gives a bait a name like that

my brain reads it in a certain way

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The biggest problem they have is stepping into a market that is flooded with bait and the end user has so much choice they tend to stick with what they know works where they are fishing.
Gone are the days of maggots, bread, corn and worms, there are that many different labels all promising to be the best and work wonders, you're no longer buying bait, you're buying brands

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
my local AD has a big push on them... shan't bother... too many other cheaper baits available to worry about

davej1981

Im hearing more and more about these seems to be heavy marketing on social media atm with very mixed reviews. Im guessing like anything they will work well on some venues not so well on others, is it the next wonder bait- i very much doubt it. I think its just tapping into our natural angling instinct to find something that will give us the edge over others. I think theres plenty of other options out there that are probably cheaper with dyes, flavours etc. Things are getting over complicated. I can see they will be a short term thing and in a few months we will hear little about them

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I think with Dave Preston running it, it will be an up and coming bait , probably got a lot more in the pipeline already, I doubt it’s a magic bait though 🤷‍♂️

davej1981

Like with anything its down to confidence. Buy it and catch well youll use it again, have a rubbish day and you wont. For eg i recently came back to fishing after 20ys off and was totally baffled by the huge choice of baits now available and how this one was better than that. I choose some from one brand donr well with it so it will always be my go to. Thats not to say its a wonder bait and i wouldnt of caught just as well with something else, its just given me confidence to use it again

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
There is NO such thing as a "wonder bait".
If you think that using a so called "wonder bait" and all fish will leave other pegs to seek out this elixir and move into this nutritional nirvana, you'r peg you are deluded.
I think as some have said there is a plethora of these types of baits out there, garish colours of shapes and sizes looking very similar. But they all have one thing in common THEY CANNOT OR ARE VERY HARD TO HOOK WITHOUT AID. A band, spike, push stop etc. What Fjuka say is that you can use these AU NATURALE. No aid needed. Bend them, shape them anyway you want them (apologies to Amen Corner) which is very user friendly.
Yes, it is just another bait but one which as they say can be used straight from the packet with no aid or preparation and has a long life.
If Dave or Tom read this, have you tried a BLACK version (maybe a fleck of White in it) to represent HEMP for the hook. Would save a lot of time on the bank.
And, YES I have bought some to try as they say YOU CANNOT KNOCK IT IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT !

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
"There are no plastics, no gums, waxes or resins: it’s made only from high-quality, human food-chain, ingredients. With the additional power of Sensate" AS QUOTED from their website. This added "SENSATE" which when googled is a mixture of natural ingredients, which is used as the attracter to bring fish in and keep them there.
So, I presume it has nothing in it to prevent it from breaking down and is safe , well for the human food chain anyway.

rudd

Site Supporter
Your goona catch Fjuka all

Once we've put a dent in your wallet

Arry

Site Supporter
there are many bait companies that start up... Especially in the carp fishing world... Some are successful and some fail within months... You need a proven track record with your product with lots of testing, which usually involves giving it to anglers to field test and checking results.... That said, if its a flier, you've pretty much got it made as long as you get marketing, advertising and product placement right.... But to bring out a bait cold and lob it straight into the market seems a folly to say the least... If it had been tested over here you'd have heard rumblings in the angling press about new wonder baits etc... But its been fairly quiet to say the least, with no known anglers on it and taking venues apart with it.... so I can see it fading into obscurity fairly quickly

Imperium

I tend to ignore these things - bread corn hemp and on occasion worm or maggot and I rarely have a bad day. I find the feeding patterns far more important than the actual bait.

Hell if I’m lazy I use completely unflavoured wheat and bran as ground bait and honestly don’t notice any difference in bites to using £8 swim stim type Baits.

You can’t beat the old ways

Simon R

Site Supporter
The problem with new baits is that anglers buy them and half way through a days fishing - usually when they stop catching - decide to give them a go.
They don't catch and after ten minutes decide the bait is rubbish, tell all and sundry it is and never use it again.

The only way to give a new bait a fair trial is to use it from the start - if you catch nowt after a couple of hours then go back to your old bait.

I tend to avoid all these new wonderbaits, although to be fair there have only been a couple that I've tried that were utter rubbish.
Remember Skinz pellets from about 15 years ago - SonuBaits made them I think - couldn't get a bite on the bloody things - I'd be catching on a banded pellet or an expander, slip one of those on and the bites would stop.

More recently Mosella Magic Bread - looked wonderful, solved so many problems that can occur with bread fishing but sadly the fish wouldn't touch it.

Unsurprisingly neither product lasted long.

Simon

Arry

Site Supporter
Jelly pellets was a bait that worked for me back in the day... but only if I made my own with flavoured jelly and a pump... this was in the days before expanders were popular