Fjuka bait

StuH

Site Supporter
I was fishing a natural venue absolutely solid with skimmers, whatever hook bait you try they take it, well not quite; Fjuka gave me time to have some lunch coz putting one of them on the hook resulted in zero bites. Pop an expander, maggot, worm or a caster on and the float barely has time to settle, pop a Fjuka back on, no matter what colour and nope, nothing, zero. Tried them twice now and I think I can account for one fish on them.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Oh dear. Not very good reviews. I hope Tommy hasn’t put all his pension money on this.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
I expect you'd catch on them when the fishing are really going for it, but then you would on almost anything.

I bought some to try as I was sucked in by the marketing etc. Usually i'm sensible when it comes to these things but do let my guard down sometimes !

They seem to be ramping up the marketing in a desperate effort to make them sell. If they were any good word of mouth would have spread like wildfire by now. One of their benefits is supposed to be convenience, as I say just get a can of sweetcorn with a ring pull opening, tried and tested.

I'm a bit disappointed by the anglers promoting them. What else shouldn't I believe ?

Silly me ... about half of it of course.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I

I'm a bit disappointed by the anglers promoting them. What else shouldn't I believe ?

Silly me ... about half of it of course.
You’re very trusting , I being somewhat more sceptical and having witnessed at first hand what is actually being used, then reported as being used, would be more likely to dismiss 90%........

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Another must have gimmick bait that will soon pass. Can't wait to see how sincere Tommy looks when promoting it

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
I got some Fjuka baits and did a write up/review of them. Don't waste your money, they are a fjuking joke. I tried them over 4 or 5 different fisheries over roughly 3 weeks, total fish caught?...one. I even tried these and got naff all. These you can pull in half and mould into soft pellets, roll them in your hands and they resemble a boilie and make all sorts of shapes with them, but terrible for attracting fish.

View attachment 41685 View attachment 41686
UKzero you caught one fish on that bait in 3 weeks, wonder how many fishermen have been caught in 3 weeks, probably thousands. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
You’re very trusting , I being somewhat more sceptical and having witnessed at first hand what is actually being used, then reported as being used, would be more likely to dismiss 90%........
Yep its probably quite a bit more than 50%. If only people realised they'd never buy another angling paper or magazine.

foster82

Got a bag of the white ones free from Angling direct when i went in with the nephew. Tried them and not too bad on a small local pond. kinda looks like bread but stinks.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most of the posts so far seem related to just the hookbaits - has anyone tried the 2 in 1 bags yet? Feed and Hookers

I'm just wondering if they perform better being fed as well as on the hook, rather than just on the hook alone.
You often see wary fish ignoring a 6mm pellet if you're feeding 4's, likewise get preoccupied on maggots if feeding them and leave a hooked pellet alone, so is it the dame when just using a Fjuka hookbait and feeding something else?

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
The 2 in 1 is what I used. Really can't be bothered to keep persevering when so much other stuff works better.

You have a point though Dave, IF enough anglers were to use them, effectively creating a massive baiting campaign, it might help.

Maybe that's their hope/plan ? ? ? I get the impression Mr Preston has hung his hat on this one and is going for it, determined to push it until it succeeds.

At the same time, I cant help thinking that a good bait would sell itself.

blankmag

Site Supporter
mate bought it gave me some and yes we both caught on it on a commercial would not be spending my money on some tho , loads more better options for hook baits in my opinion and fjuka aint no wonder bait

davered5

Site Supporter
ill ask skeggsy this weekend he did the match video on them

tedstriker

Site Supporter
got bags of white yellow and red, they are quite pungent, haven't really tested them out yet mind

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
isn't a bit of this what also what the fish are used to ?

If its you going into an Indian restaurant I am sure you don't immediately buy a prawn Madras....
but your'e in the restaurant because it has a good reputation and great marketing.
The realitiy is you tread carefully, maybe the fish are also.

A week or so again i went to a local venue, pellet feeder with wafters not a touch, 6mm halibut hookbait change....wrap round after wrap round
back to wafter and just little twitches......no one is going to stop buying wafters because they are tried and tested but they are not the be all and end all
at every venue for every fish. Am sure its the same at other places with new baits like Fjuka, like most thing it will take time.

davej1981

What i cant get understand with this is why isn’t it being sold under the sonubait brand? Ultimately all from the same bloke so im not sure why he hasn’t released under his existing and well known brand

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Sounded too much like marukju to me. Still haven't managed to give away the green or red jpzs i bought as the next great bait.