Fitting a Shakespeare box strap

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever fitted a replacement carry strap to a Shakespeare Team Seatbox? I have got a new strap, but although I can see how it fits in the slots on the side of the box, I can get the metal retaining piece and the strap through the slot because it's too tight.

castaline

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever fitted a replacement carry strap to a Shakespeare Team Seatbox? I have got a new strap, but although I can see how it fits in the slots on the side of the box, I can get the metal retaining piece and the strap through the slot because it's too tight.
If you offer the 'buckle'part up to the slot, you should be able to get about half of it through. Then get a screwdriver or similar and just lever it through from the inside. Just tried it on my own box, takes a bit of force, but works.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Thanks for the advice. I managed it by pushing it through as far as I could and then hitting it with a hammer, and when it was far enough through, I slipped a piece of string through it, and pulled from the inside and hammered from the outside until it finally popped through.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the advice. I managed it by pushing it through as far as I could and then hitting it with a hammer, and when it was far enough through, I slipped a piece of string through it, and pulled from the inside and hammered from the outside until it finally popped through.
You got the hammer bit right mate but you forgot the WD40 😜