fishsim2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

has anyone got the shareware version of this game?? i have it but i have very little success so any advice on rigs/tactics for catching on the river lot pegs helpful. (great when its too cold to fish cos u can change the date to an august evening...)

;)

MALC

Got the original fish sim but had forgotten all about it. Its not been on the system for nearly a year.
You can't beat the real thing especialy in the winter as alot of people dont bother fishing so it's a lot more peacefull on the bank. The only downside is somtimes you get get to put much in the net.

AlexR

malc, i dont like being the only one on the bank because of tackle theft. recently round my way somewhere a bloke was threatned by 5 youths with knives for his tackle and there aint a lot u can do. my dad refuses to go with me in cold weather as well. so with the poor catch rate and cold weather... its not the best thing to be doing...(in my opinion)

;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Alex,

One of the best ways still to get out and about on a regular basis is joining a fishing club. If you get to the meetings and fish one or two of the matches, getting to know other anglers you'll often find that they wouldn't mind giving you a lift to other venues. That's the way I started many moons ago when my only form of transport was a push-iron

My club has several matches throughout the year and often anglers pair up for transport.
Being young I wouldn't have thought you would have much trouble in getting a lift off the regulars.

Try the site's Club Directory for one local to you or drop me a line and I'll see if we can locate one.

Dave

(ps. Myself and Stu several years ago fished the Armley stretch of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. This bloke in full combat gear came along with a Rotweiller and a rifle, and if he had told us it was night-time we would have gone home and put our pyjamas on
)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here is the site for FishSim2: http://www.fishsim.net/

MALC

Alex
I know what your saying regards safty,but as Dave says try a local club it's a great way to improve your fishing and you'll make friends and then you'll find someone who is like minded and most seniors have no problem taking juniors to matches and for practise sessions.
Thats how most of us started years ago.
I normally have 2 others in my car when ever fishing and we all learn of each other and 1 of them is my 13 year old daughter.
I dont blame your dad for not fishing in the cold i think it's people like me that are the stupid one's for scraping the ice from the car then braking the ice to fish (but i love it).

AlexR

i will be joining a club, its just a matter of waiting lists. i should be in one very close to me by april i think.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.