fishomania and the angling trust rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

glint

tewton
the angling trust rules state that pulla bungs are banned, I re did 4 top kits to fish a qualifier because of it yet finalists had them in and the winner used them according to the anglers mail.

it's the third link on their press release

http://www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=467&sectionTitle=Fish+O+Mania+2010

Hand lineing fish is not permitted ,this includes handling elastics and line , also not allowed is the practice of trapping stretched elastic with the hand down the length of poles sections. Fish should never be bullied like this.
[?]

batman

I think you will find that this means trapping the elastic from the top end of your kit, not the bung end.

carpmagic

Site Supporter
Pulla bungs are fine in angling trust rules, this has come up lots of times before and its handling of the elastic in front of the pole tip which is not allowed. I agree the rule isnt clear but a phone call to the trust would have saved you a bit of time and money by the sound of it!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I thought the rule explained that pulla bungs are OK, handling the laccy is not.

glint

tewton
thanks for the replies

I didn't lose any money becuase I just changed them back after but the wording could be better, trapping elastic down the section sounds the same as a pulla bung to me.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Originally posted by glint

thanks for the replies

I didn't lose any money becuase I just changed them back after but the wording could be better, trapping elastic down the section sounds the same as a pulla bung to me.

I agree....asked exactly the same question last year. wording is awful and open to interpretation, it does need clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.