Fisho Final venue for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought I'd kick this one off to an early start [:)]

There's a few comments about the present venue's peggyness so given the large number of commercial fisheries available, where would you pick for next year's Fish'o'Mania final if you could make the final decision (excuse pun [;)])

Me? I would choose the back straight of Bonsai Lake at Lindholme Lakes - pegs 34-50, or thereabouts
I personally think they would give a fair pegging with similar features and plenty of space to spectate from

strat2

well it wont be at hayfeild

the grass wont have recovered lol

i hope Makins.... so many pools always fish well and fairly even

mouse77

Leave it at Hayfield...

Take out all the fish and restock only with F1's,chub,tench and skimmers.

me

a little pool ive heard about in Roundhay, Leeds [:p][:D]

mouse77

If you had to move it then i think Larford would be ideal, big weights, lots of room for spectators.

budnudd

tackletartitis
hayfield was superb, great match and brilliant job by sky. Why change it? the stats back up the fact that the best fisho'sd have been since hayfield was chosen. They could rope off the corners and have it as open water pegs only? but not sure. Will raison did really well from an unfancied peg so you could argue leave as is?!!

chris w

pc problem solver
how about drayton resovoir and spread the anglers 1 every 5 pegs [:D][:D]

ps not sure how many pegs there are

Last edited:

dave brittain 1

They don't need to change the venue as putting the fourth bank in would make all the difference. Given that it's anglings premier event the venue should be made as fair as possible and re-pegging the venue would be a more sensible option than moving the event.

Larford would be a good option and would also allow them to change the format of the event allowing more qualifiers and more anglers in the final as it can accomodate more anglers. Match lake can be peggy as the speci lake can be, however there are some fish in the speci lake that make some of the fish at Hayfield look small which could be very interesting. The spaci lake is also more challenging than the match lake which tactically would be more interesting as there are a lot of options to consider.

Either way if angling is to move forward they need to review the event and find a way of improving it.

Last edited by a moderator:

missabite

Originally posted by Top Dog
They don't need to change the venue as putting the fourth bank in would make all the difference.

I think your spot on Top Dog. The only way to get a fairer match would be to use the whole lake. There must be some reason why they don't.

A canal type venue would be ideal as the fish couldn't get away and be out of reach when the noise starts.

pegasus

benny
i think lindholhe would be ideal either bonsi or the new oasis .
there`s loads of room for parking and spectators, but niel will have to sort the aproach road out, i lost two fillings and dislocated my back while driving down it yesterday.[:D]

neilg

The Baldy Man
I personaly think it is at the right venue,i however think it needs more stockies in to keep anglers catching and rule out the corners.
1 think the new oasis or the Bonsai could hold it more fairer because everyone would catch at a better catch rate,but until i get the New Club House and New Tackle shop built in the field behind the Bonsai i would not think they will change the venue
I think i will make a serious bid for it in the year ?.
On a serious note keep it were it is they put a good show on yesterday with all the rain i think it held up pretty good ,A CREDIT TO THEM.
Sky did a great job has unsual and the Hospitality Tent was BEAUUUUUTIFUL. lol

Last edited:

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I would have thought spreading the anglers out a bit would make a fairer match, I fish a few venues that if every peg is in you can rule out 80% of the pegs as potential winners, but with every other peg in you can win from 80% of them.

The average size of fish seems big too and we all know that it can also make a venue more peggy than somewhere that has a larger number of smaller fish.

There are plenty of venues that may make it a fairer match but I doubt if any would have the space for all the equipment needed to cover the event, plus room for all the spectator.

I would guess it is pegged like it is because of the cameras having to cover all the pegs, it is easy to make a lot of negative comments if you don't know what is involved in putting on a event like Fisho.

yinski

neil you need that road fixing to your plce first talk about pot holes!! [:)]

Towpath Tyke

I would do it over 3 days...Day one on a canal, Day two on a river, Day three on a lake! Biggest total weight over the three days wins!! Maybe Nottingham as choice? Trent embankment, London road canal, and Holm pier point??? Proper Fishing [:)]

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Originally posted by JONJOE

I would do it over 3 days...Day one on a canal, Day two on a river, Day three on a lake! Biggest total weight over the three days wins!! Maybe Nottingham as choice? Trent embankment, London road canal, and Holm pier point??? Proper Fishing [:)]

We would all be dozing off waiting for something to be caught[:p]

I thought the Fisho coverage by sky was excelent, and you saw a good selection of methods being used, waggler, bomb, feeder, pole shallow, on the deck, plus margin fishing.

I found it interesting watching how some of the guys feed, maybe a few didn't do so well as the didn't atttack, not being aggresive with the feed.

mouse77

Originally posted by nick_gilbert

Originally posted by JONJOE

We would all be dozing off waiting for something to be caught[:p]

I thought the Fisho coverage by sky was excelent, and you saw a good selection of methods being used, waggler, bomb, feeder, pole shallow, on the deck, plus margin fishing.

I found it interesting watching how some of the guys feed, maybe a few didn't do so well as the didn't atttack, not being aggresive with the feed.

It does not matter how aggressive you feed, if the fish are not in front of you then your not going to catch them.

nathan2

Account Locked
why should it be in the south, wants wrong with the North, Angel lakes - Bowes would be perfect.

Victor

Not sure how many pegs there are at the Fish O final venue but could you not run both the Fish O and the Ladies events on just one lake to make sure no end pegs are available?

If the pegs are to tight to do this what about filling every other Peg with runner up heat qualifiers and give a few more anglers the chance of taking home 25k.

Last edited:

neilg

The Baldy Man
POT HOLES????.
WHAT POT HOLES,THEY ONLY APPEAR WHEN IT IS RAINING.

Status
Not open for further replies.