Fishmeal in Ireland?

Daws

Hi guys,
It's been nearly 15 yes since I've been over to the emerald Isle and I'm wondering how much things have changed. Last time I went nearly everyone was fishing partical and darkened crumb through a open-ended feeder. These days I know the window feeder is an awesome approach so there is going to be lots of maggot, caster, corn and stewed wheat going in but I was wondering if any of you guys have used basic fishmeal pellets in your feed. I've done a bit of homework and I can find some match anglers staying well away from fishmeal in Ireland but I know it's almost a nasessity over here these days.
So basically my question is have you guys used fishmeal in Ireland and bagged up?

sporty

Site Supporter
I used to feed pellets and especially micros and 50-50 brown crumb and fish meal but to be honest it's very rare nowadays that Bream really figure in many nets with Roach and Hybrids the main stay of catches so traditional mixes are more often used on natural waters ,sensas Lake,magic ,gros gardon etc .Caster is no1 with worms and Corn .Any Bream about will come to these baits anyway ,emphasis more on particles now than sheer volume of crumb ,once you have established a feeder line you can switch to the window feeder and feed what you want with just a smudge of grounbait to close the window .Hope this helps

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I dont like using Fishmeal based feeds at all in Ireland as I am convinced it attracts Pike same as large amounts of chopped worm does but plenty disagree and use both with success but as above it is mostly Roach Perch and Hybrids now, you can go for a week and not see a Bream.

Minno

I live in Ireland and use fishmeal regularly when pleasure fishing on large loughs and rivers.

I mainly use Sonubaits Worm or bloodworm fishmeal. Ive had some of my best catches using this.

I’ve tried it on places that I doubt has ever seen fishmeal and it’s not uncommon to catch straight away so it definitely doesn’t put the fish off.

But in saying that, I’ve never been brave enough to try it in a match.