FishingMagic

TiggerXFM

I was on both, Anglers net and Fishing magic, both went downhill after I left!!!!!
Shame about AN, it was a crackin forum at one time, it was very busy and all but one or two members were nice people and very good anglers. The fish ins were great, especially the long weekends at Steve Burks Wingham fisheries in Kent, Steves mrs made a huge barbecue everday for everyone! I still post on AN now and again but unfortunately I think it's banjaxed.

FM was a good forum also, it kind'a went to the dogs several years back due to a certain individual. Members just left of their own accord or were banned for having an opinion. It became a political discussion board more than an angling forum, and you had to be a left wing pratt to fit in! Oh, and what are you havin for breakfast or tea were huge hits, but, preferably written in french....if you wanted to be in the VIP club 😉.

I think FM will just dry up and blow away soon.

It does appear that this forum is kind'a custers last stand of the uk angling forums, that I know of at least.
Many people seem to prefer FB for some reason or other.
Personally, I think a forum like this one is much better than FB.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It does appear that this forum is kind'a custers last stand of the uk angling forums,
In less than an hour, the Sioux and Cheyenne had won the Battle of the Little Bighorn, killing Custer and every one of his men. The battle has been ennobled as “Custer’s Last Stand”—but in truth, Custer and his men never stood a fighting chance.

:eek:

I much prefer this description ;) ..

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Shame about AN, it was a crackin forum at one time, it was very busy and all but one or two members were nice people and very good anglers. The fish ins were great, especially the long weekends at Steve Burks Wingham fisheries in Kent, Steves mrs made a huge barbecue everday for everyone! I still post on AN now and again but unfortunately I think it's banjaxed.

FM was a good forum also, it kind'a went to the dogs several years back due to a certain individual. Members just left of their own accord or were banned for having an opinion. It became a political discussion board more than an angling forum, and you had to be a left wing pratt to fit in! Oh, and what are you havin for breakfast or tea were huge hits, but, preferably written in french....if you wanted to be in the VIP club 😉.

I think FM will just dry up and blow away soon.

It does appear that this forum is kind'a custers last stand of the uk angling forums, that I know of at least.
Many people seem to prefer FB for some reason or other.
Personally, I think a forum like this one is much better than FB.
If you can , read the latest on the lockdown thread on FM
For an alleged non political site the last few comments are beyond belief ,especially the mods one about Brexit, which at one time members were not allowed to mention .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Ken, if you do a bit of digging it's not to hard to find that they have previous form for killing off forums. :mad:
Peter I have a list of sites they have decimated , on one site they call VS the Borg after the startrek characters.
And one of the present team who has taken over FM was getting slated in 2012 for what is described as nuking members posts .
I can't see FM lasting long if the do the same as they have done with other sites .

Shadrack

Never used Fishing Magic but I used to be a member on Anglers Net when I first started fishing about 11-12 years ago. Spent a year or so on there and remember it being very busy and full of good guys. Went back to it a couple years ago and it’s seemed pretty dead.

This forum is much more lively so now I use this and Facebook.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
There is the possibility that free standing forums are bought out to be wound down to direct the traffic to their established platforms

DFL

Site Supporter
If you can , read the latest on the lockdown thread on FM
For an alleged non political site the last few comments are beyond belief ,especially the mods one about Brexit, which at one time members were not allowed to mention .
If the various stories are to be believed, the incoming heavy handed owner will moderate the mod and his Brexit will be his exit. 😂

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Ah well😁

Screenshot_20220430_195846_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The issue when blocking registrations based on banned member IP's is what happens when a banned member uses a proxy which is common to others?
Or mobile connections where the range is specific to the ISP and you are allocated whatever is available from that range?
You could well find yourself being blocked through no fault of your own.